Would like to share it with you !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bujji12, May 14, 2010.

1. Bujji12

Bujji12 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of IL and it is nice to see here that many Indians discussing various topics related to our lives.

I would like to share this experience with my friend as I am feeling really bad about it. I have a friend, we know each other from school. After that we went to different colleges for degrees and were not in contact for some years again got in contact through a social networking site, exchanged numbers and talked over phone discussed many things and I thought she is pretty close to me again. we were talking now and then. she got a job (first job in us) where i live, it is a small city and she didn't even call me. I happened to call her accidentally one day to say hi and she said she was already here, found accomodation and wanted to give me a surprise and that's why she didn't call me before. I felt very bad hearing it, if she would have told me before I'd more than happy to set her accomodation, provide ride and whatever she needs while she is here. The thought of hoping her to be a close friend and she not even bothering calling me when she is already at my place is making me very sick. I don't even feel like talking to her again. I just would like to share it with some one so writing here. Please pour in your thoughts.Thanks for reading my post.

PS: dear moderator if it is not appropriate thread to post this please move it to the correct thread, thanks.

Last edited: May 14, 2010

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Bujji,

It is very considerate and kind that you wanted to help your friend with her move, had she told you about it. But sometimes people like to move and get settled on their own. Probably she wanted to scout out the area and pick her own place to live and make sure job and everything was finalized before telling you the news. That's giving her the benefit of the doubt. If I were you I would let this go. Although you once were close friends, both of you need not notify each other of every change that goes on in your lives. Things come up, life gets busy, people forget to call... or they put it off for 'later'. Don't take it to heart. If you feel she is a terrible friend, you are not obliged to maintain the friendship. But having friends in the same town is nice, so if you could let this issue go, both of you could enjoy your friendship once again. JMO.

3. Bujji12

Bujji12 New IL'ite

Asuitablegirl,

First of all I read many of your posts in Family & relationship threads, I admire your answers to many questions and wonder how did you get such maturity at this young age.

Thanks for your reply, feels good after reading it. Yes, I know how close we can be, we don't have to share each and every thing with friends....If she has moved some where else I might have not even cared about it. I understand that some times people want to do things on their own and it is uncessary for me to think more about it and waste my time. Anyway will let it go and will try to be like old when we meet.

4. butterbaby

butterbaby Senior IL'ite

Dear Bujji,

True friendship sometimes may land us in such odd situations & thats when we begin testing our friends.
    In ur case, please be realistic & do not presume anything. Maybe ur friend had ur best interests at heart- she didnt want to disturb u- cause any inconvenience for u (although u both are best friends)- her true intention may be was to ultimately surprise u which unfortunately, u have misunderstood.
    Give her some time- if she independently doesnt initiate any contact - then probably it would be better to move on, get on with life, make new friends & cherish every moment in ur life.
    :cheers
    Miss BB

5. Bujji12

Bujji12 New IL'ite

Hi Butterbaby,

what you said is right. I agree with you.
    Thanks for the reply.

6. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi...
    i just think you are over-reacting on a small issue.
    may be this girl is an independent kind and didnt want to cause any hinderance for you.May be she even wanted to find her own accomodation closer to work and sort out the minor issues herself. Give her space...Friends are easy to find, but it takes a while to find a true and a loyal frnd...so incase if you consider her a true frnd, let this issue go without being in your mind for even a minute more.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  7. mywork08

mywork08 New IL'ite

hi

do not over re-act. care only what u think to do. do not care what other thing what u do.

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Haven't you recognised the strength of your friendship from her answer. She has disclosed the truth that she is in US. If she wanted to hide it, she could have done. So don't take it to your heart. Your friend has made it clear that she wanted to surprise you :boo:, so you should be too happy :) that you will be able to meet her whenever possible as she lives in the same city. View a situation from all possible angles. you will find the solution yourself. You will find a best decision maker in you. All the best.:thumbsup:thumbsup

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bujji,

let it go do not hold on to it, think in a positive way she might have wanted to surprise you and as ASG mentioned people change with times so she might have changed a bit and would have liked to do her own searching independantly, so leave it let her call you. These small things should not matter to you my dear.
    Also you are a good friend who was willing to go out hr way to help her but she might have not needed your help.
    Cheer up dear.
    love
    alpa:cheers