Worst Food Ever Tasted

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by shreyachatterje, Jul 30, 2009.

1. shreyachatterje

shreyachatterje New IL'ite

Hello Girls,
    I was very fidgety about food when I was a kid. I used to throw tantrums if my taste bud rejected it. Anyways, though I am not that fidgety about food but there are some dishes which I would never like to have in the rest of my life. I never liked ‘chana’, it was and still is yuck :eek :eek :eekfor me. I hated the smell and this is one of the many dishes that my mother failed to make me eat. To be true, I don’t like any of vegetarian dishes.

Actually, I realized that whatever my taste buds rejected is ‘yuck’ for me. lol!!!

Anyways, I am sure that many of you have some not so-favorite dishes. I would like all of you to share it here and give me the reasons. Hope to see many replies.
    Take care, Bye, ...................... Shreya

2. RadhaG

RadhaG Senior IL'ite

I used to hate upma and brinjal...after marriage all this changed as my mil used to make both the dishes very nice and also the nakhras disappear once its mil asking you to taste food!!! :)

3. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

Actually I eat everything and have no problems in that !! But once in my cooking experiments ,I had added sour cream and the whole thing turned out to be YUCKY !!!!!!
    I never want to taste that again!!!

4. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

initially i used to hate cabbage and raddish because of the smell.now i dont mind eating them

5. divyaparu83

divyaparu83 New IL'ite

I used to hate & still hate Rawa upma... Even my DH have tried to make upma for me & make me eat but he failed terribly... I like semolina upma though...

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The thing that I could never tolerate and still can't is coffee. To me the smell is the worst smell and as a kid when it was perking in the morning I would often vomit. My dad was a big coffee drinker and when he would kiss me it would have been better without that coffee. Even now in my house I only have certain cups that I allow to contain coffee and none of my thermos bottles. The love of coffee to me is incomprehensible.

Shreya: I don't like rajma...mainly because of the consistency: tough on the outside mealy on the inside...yuck!

7. aditimajumder

aditimajumder New IL'ite

Hello girls,

I don’t like any dishes of ‘dharosh’ which is called lady’s finger in English and also of ‘potol’ or gourd. Both these vegetables are the worst of the lot. No matter how good the dish is, I never eat either ‘dharosh’:thumbsdown or ‘potol’ :eek.

Though this might be a bit of exaggeration, it is true that I would rather wish to die than to eat these and live.

Anyways, it would have been a better post, if you had asked about the favorite dishes.
    Between, I too don’t like ‘chana’. :thumbsdown

I like brinjal, mostly ‘begun pora’, a very common dish on Winter Saturdays and Tuesdays in my house. But I cannot eat ‘begun bhaja’, I am allergic to it.

Do post more…

Love,

Take care,

Aditi

8. aparnamukherjee

aparnamukherjee New IL'ite

Hey Girls,

I don’t like paneer dishes, yuck! They are. In case, I am given ‘palak paneer’, I eat the ‘palak’ and leave out the paneer. I know this is crazy but I just cannot stand paneer in any case.
    What is your worst food??????
    Keep posting…

Bye,

Love,

Aparna

9. shreyachatterje

shreyachatterje New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CIS%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hello everyone,

I am so overwhelmed to see so many replies to this thread. I am very happy. Thanks to each one of you…
    To Aditi, ya, favorite dish would have been a better topic no doubt but this one is more interesting…don’t you think???
    Between same pinch to Aditi, I don’t like ‘dharosh’ and ‘potol’ as well.
    Thanks again to see all of your replies…
    Keep posting…

Bye,

Shreya

10. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Even I also hate to have "potol", I don't like it at all. I also don't like "rajma" and "torai", but as my husband loves them to eat so have to make them out of majboori and me also have to gulp it.