1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worries of our age!?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Feb 18, 2008.

1. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Vanaja,

Once again a good thread started by you.

Worries itself is a big worrybonk...so stop worrying and take life as it comes.

I have also come across people who just love to worry...and they worry about anything n everything under the sun.

I have also come across people who worry more about others than they do about themselves. Such peole are interested and worried at the same time about what is happening in the neighbours house, or in the society, but they don't have time for themselves and the family.

If you look around you'll find lots of such people and lotsa funny incidences too.

Roopa.

2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi roopa,

Thanks for the reply.

As you said, that there are many who worry about others than for themselves. If that worry is genuine it is a good and healthy worry. If it is not genuine, it is not a worry, it has another name called "jealousy".

It is very difficult to take life as it is. I feel it is mere words out of mouth.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vanaja,

sure, why not -worries at every age.
    it differs at every age.
    it is solvable at one age and not solvable at the other age.

kids worries about getting toys and candies--solvable if they are good.
    Later they worry about school and friends---solvable to some extent
    then about higher studies---solvable to some extent
    then settling in life---solvable only to an extent
    getting children--mmm solvable nowadays... if there is a will
    worries about children---have control to some extent
    getting old---not solvable but managable

coming to me:
    worries about my children-- solvable--how---what happens will happen and we do our best.
    worries of the future----plan now, it is not late yet.
    worries about my DH health after by-pass--- solvable---it is his duty to care of himself too, my part help him in that matter,
    about my parents----staying alone in India---I am their only daughter---solvable---asking them to stay at our house.

Let's see!

sriniketan

4. srinivasan_vanaja

hi sriniketan,

I really like your words regarding "getting old" - not solvable but manageable. It is a big truth. I have my old aged grandmother at home. The way she suffers of her old age inspite of not having any disease is really threatening.

Regarding your DH's by pass surgery - he needs to have lot of post operative care. You must be aware of everything. He needs to remain tensionless and relaxed atleast for two consecutive years in my opinion. God is Great!

So, the last two worries you have cited though solvable are definitely genuine.

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vanaja,
    I forgot to mention one more worry---

will our children will look over us at our old age---solvable----don't have any expectations----if they do their duty it is ok otherwise plan for that also.

sriniketan

6. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi vanja!!
    A very nice thread..Ur thread actually made me ponder...
    COming to my worries..
    I wud love to start with a quote
    "If worrying were an Olympic sport, you'd get the gold for sure."This aptly suits me..
    I worry even for silly things..i know its silly..but cant stop worrying and getting anxious
    1>Even when my kid is sick (just cold and cough) i wud start worryingbonk..Solvable
    2>Kid's education--Solvable with some effort form my side
    3>Financial issues--Solvable
    4>Worry abt my dh's health..Ofcourse he has no complaints at all..but his parents r diabetic..So i worry if my dh gets diabetes one day...Solvable

Cheers
    Ramya

7. srinivasan_vanaja

hi ramya,

thanks for the reply.

your last worry is unnecessary. why to worry when your DH is healthy? this is solvable as 'prevention is better than cure'. take care.