1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worries of our age!?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Feb 18, 2008.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Today's life style has given us more comforts. But still our mind is continuously occupied by certain worries.

I would like to analyze these worries and get relieved from them at least to some extent.

We keep on worrying on certain issues where we are not sure or unpredictable whether they are solvable.

These worries vary from age to age, place to place.

Let us, as a first step discover the worries which are endless, never solvable and which are solvable.

I invite Bowall ilites of different age to come up with their own worries. You can ask our fellow members for a solution or get to know whether your worry has a reason or it is endless and never solvable. Your own opinion on certain worries are also welcome.

This first step of analyzation will help us to get relieved from unwanted worries.

Some human beings are really gifted (should I say that?) that they do not worry for anything and they take the life as it is. I need to know lot from this kind of people like how they maintain this attitude throughout their life? Is it possible to remain like this?

Okay, I am not of that kind, so, let me wait for the opinion.

Now to my knowledge, definitely a worry but solvable - future.

This worry is indeed solvable as it lie in our own hands. The basic or foundation for our future lies in our hands first and next comes the God's grace. So, this worry of future is to some extent solvable.

A worry which is never solvable - a mother-in-law's lamenting.

As you know ladies, this worry is endless for her. A lamenting mother-in-law will never find a peace in spite of having a good daughter-in-law.:wink:

A worry which is solvable - debts - solvable once paid.

A worry which is never solvable - worry of aging - of course never solvable as our age never descends.

And at present, my worry is - how the ilites would respond to this thread - which is solvable once I receive replies.

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vanaja ma'am

You are unfortunate!!..Where ever you go i keep chasing your posts! Poor you.. Now pls don't start worrying for this! :rotfl

A nice thread.. First I thought of not stepping in as i read the title Worries of "our" age! (i was so sure i wont come under any category you put yourself in:mrgreen:) n the first few lines but then you are so sweet to invite all the IL'ites of different age groups..Bow

Some human beings are really gifted (should I say that?) that they do not worry for anything and they take the life as it is. I need to know lot from this kind of people like how they maintain this attitude throughout their life? Is it possible to remain like this?

Why not????????? To put it in a single line, It all depends on how you perceive things..

A nice thread!! Sure you will get many interesting fb's...

Love
    Meena

3. srinivasan_vanaja

Hi Meena,

Thank you very much for a quick FB.

But I don't see any opinion of yours regarding the solvable and never solvable worries. You may cite few examples of your age worries as I have cited few of ours.

4. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

My age worries???

1) Hearing to suprabhatams from my mom every day morning as i get up late - SOLVABLE to some extent if my mom decides to stay silent..Big Laugh

2) Again hearing to mahabharats n ramayanas from my mom for not eating properly - SOLVABLE (pls refer to the first point to know how it can be solved):rotfl

This is just a sample....Dear Vanaja ma'am...Do you want me to continue??? I hope you would not....:mrgreen:

5. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

s, every one has worries. And i am a kind who goes out shopping worries. I am always worried about being perfect in whatever i do.

Despite all the worries I laugh a lot and make sure people around me are happy

Worry about getting all the cheques cleared every month with out fail.

Worry about paying all the bills before due date.

Worry about not finding time to take care of health .

Worry of not able to cook my lunch as i have a not so good lunch at office.

Worry about how to manage my son once he joins me for his schooling(currently my parents are taking care of him)

Probably my list will never end

Regards
    Sri

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vanaja,

I think there are three types of worrying..one is the chronic type, one the genuine and the other on even imaginative worrying..

I have genuine worries..but don't let it take away my zest for life..and don't want it to affect my family.

Worry about health...solution taking care
    worry about kids future..solution small steps towards making theirs a bright future.
    Worry about relatives..solution keeping them in my outer circle and not in the nucleus of my circle..tend to not give too much importance to them.(learning the art..)
    Worry about being frugal..solution not available...as i tend to be one always...

7. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Very Good Post.

I have also worries...........

- Like if I come across some sensitive news, I don't get sleep that night........ throughout the night I keep worrying about it, whether it is family related or common issues. Solvable.......... No idea.

- If I drink out of choice Pepsi, Fanta or any carbonated drink or TEA / Coffee in the evening after 5:00PM, I have sleep disorder. The caffeine is the culprit......... Solvable by not taking them after 5 PM:help

- If I have attend some important work next day morning, say driving test, giving vehicle for servicing, collecting, any guests coming........... anything that is not in a normal day's work, then I dont get sleep.............. Why? I don't know. Is it Solvable? No Idea.

- I am a late sleeper and late waker. I get sleep in the early mornings............. so lazy to get up early. Solvable....... How?

- Finally, who will take care of us, once our children are married off and we are physically not well........ BIG WORRY.......... Solvable .......How?

Warm Regards
    Shantisubra

8. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Meena,

Unakke idhu koncham too mucha theriyala? Do you mean that what you have listed are your worries?

If you really consider them as your worries, then you care for your mother a lot.

In that case, you will have to change yourself and that solves everything.

Meena's Mom - Madam, Please do not worry. Your loving daughter will change herself for your sake.

9. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Srivatsa,

You are of my kind. Even I clear out all my bills before the due date and I will be worried if I fail to do that.

Your tendency in bold letters - is really appreciable. That quality of yours is a human value. That quality will be liked by everyone.

But the worries that you have listed are all solvable. They have solutions. Please find out them. You will get relieved from all of them.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Shanthi,

Of course your worries are genuine.

For the first three you yourself have given solutions.

For the last one - being frugal - I don't consider it as a worry. If you start worrying for being frugal then you end up in spending a lot. That again is a worry.

So consider it as a gift and go ahead for the solutions of your other worries.