Worried abt my son health Help me.............

Discussion in 'Other Areas in UAE' started by ManjuMa, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ManjuMa

ManjuMa New IL'ite

Hi all,

Happy akshaya tritiya to all ladies.

Coming to my issue ,actual my son is having health problem from last one year he started his schooling last year from that 15 of april 2011 till date he always having health issue.
    The main problem is cough , for few days it will be normal cough later it will be so worse that he can't sleep at night , by this time he come across with pneumonia . doctors are saying after few years every thing we will be ok. Today also the situation is same cough now he taking nebulizer medicine and other medicine really we both are so fed up of all this thing. i really don't know what to do .
    some time we plan to shift to india but he want his father to be with him always , so we are not able to take a proper decision.
    Dear all help me please wht to do, whether all children are having the same issue .:spin

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Cough and cold are always common with Kids(especially Kids who start with schooling).As they are exposed to a totally new atmosphere it takes time for them to get immuned. Same happened for my son last year. he used to fall sick predominantly during July-August of every year (The Time school begins and things start settling down).As long as the Dr is fine abt the kid's health there is nothing much to worry.

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear ManjuMa
    It appears your son has a high eosinophil count, and is prone to allergens which are pretty common these days (what with the global warming and stuff!!!)...this becomes even worse in the middle east taking into consideration the 24 x 7 A/C, carpets, dust, hot-humid climate, sand storms and life style.
    May I suggest a few things which may be helpful to improve the situation? (but this will not just go off 100%, just reduce the number of attacks per year.)
    1) Get rid of any carpets/rugs/cats/dogs. Keep the floors clean and mop it in plain hot water. Do not use detergents/clorex/ freshners daily to mop the floors.
    2)Few neem leaves, tulsi added to bath water will leave him refereshed and have bacteriocidal properties !
    3) Ask the bldg. maintenaince to check the A/C filters and clean them atleast once in 4 months.
    4) Laundry the curtains and sofa covers once a year atleast!!!
    5) Make him consume ample qty of fresh juice and water, reduce on bottled juices/fizzy drinks are a complete no-no.
    6) Avoid frequent consumption on Junk food/chips/fries.
    7) encourage out door sports.
    8)A prim. school child should sleep atleast 9 and a half hrs.(10 hrs better)
    By following this the symptoms and attacks will gradually reduce, and as he advances a few yrs. in age he will be almost free of these issues.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  4. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Practising Pranayama will cure his respiratory problems to a great extent.
    It is very simple aqnd effective too.

5. ManjuMa

ManjuMa New IL'ite

Thanks to Brahan , Mega & Shreelife

Thanks you so much for all positive reply, but dears still i am so worried about him because i am taking so much care for each and every thing ( only home made foods, no oily , no junk foods nothing, always cleaning the home areas, each time only hot water even to school also etc) but then also my baby has to face so bad days we are not even taking him outside because of climatic problem. I don't know why god is so harsh to him.

I know you people may think wht a stupid i am but it is true , because from last one year we had seen so bad days two time he had effected by pneumonia for that treatment i went to india on emergency leave and admitted him in hospital for 10 days each and stayed at hometown for 2mth for rest, for him i left my job also. job is not at all a big issue to me but then also my son is not getting a enjoyable life he is not able to eat his favourite foods.

Sorry to all if i made you people bored but understand my feelings no one here to share all my problem.

1 person likes this.
  6. srjaya

srjaya Senior IL'ite

Hi, manjuma .,

it is a very common issue these days in US going around due to lots of new allergies sprung up with school going kids as ur kid just started schooling so he needs some time to get adjusted to the new environment and also get strong in immunity . But one thing is for sure by the time kids get strong mom gets weak in seeing her kid suffering and could'nt do anything . i have 2 kids 9and 5 yr and i faced the same problem with my elder one for sometime (until 2nd gr) now i am facing the same problem with my younger one ..., i am used to it and i am just thinking of the solution not the problem. doc no use ..,

so this is how i worked out just give them turmeric milk and honey for cold and cough , rub vicks on their chest , back and on their feet and cover with socks, this will make them get undisturbed sleep in night.
    Rub zindatilismath on their chest, back and throat this also works .

these helped me hope it works for u too. be strong manjuma..,

jaya

7. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Have you done an allergy test. If the doctor can tell you what he is allergic to then you can eliminate that particular food from his diet. In the mean time make sure his pillow is new and wash his sheets very often.

8. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

sorry to hear that your son is struggling so much, I know how hard it is take when our children are suffering. As libra said please check if he has any allergies (air borne spring allergeis or food allergies), also as others said changing the bedsheets, pillow covers often and using less detergents and if possible chemical free solutions for cleaning the house, add vitamin C supplement(in the form of gummy bears) to increase the immunity and try to feed more water in a day.

Sujatha.

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manjuma
    I can understand your agony as a mother. Your son is in right hands, so just keep doing your best and as others have stated in here once he attains natural immunity by coping up with the new surrounding his health status will progress. Involve him in outdoor sports and keep him happy, being holed up in the flat/villa all the time is very depressive for a young boy.
    I agree with Jaya, the above stuff is effective, I do it with my kids as well. Also, an occasional teaspoon of Honey and cinnamon powder is good, unless he is allergic to any of these.
    Don't worry, he will come around!
    Mega

10. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

These are very common issues dont worry when he grows he will develop immunity in his body not to worry at all.