1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

worried about something getting stuck after food...help me pl.

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by indhushri, May 19, 2012.

1. indhushri

indhushri Senior IL'ite

dear ILs,
    i had throat infection 15days before for which i consulted a doctor.he prescribed antibiotics.after the course of medication is over ,i got another problem.my throat gets dried up while inhaling and also something -say a food particle gets stuck in my throat .i try to swallow it. it's not going but gets subsided after 1 hour or so.the doctor did thyroid function test but the result came negative(no thyroid problem)..he has given anti acidity drugs now and told me to come back for a review after a week.this really worries me a lot ...has anyone come across similar problem ?..any idea or home remedy please..

Last edited: May 19, 2012

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

if you have any doubts, you better go for second opinion.

Do salt water gargling. Pepper is very good. Include that in diet and garlic too. Keep sugar candy in mouth and slowly swallow the juice. While on antibiotics shoudl have more quantity of water. While having cold, you will not feel thirsty but you should keep you hydrated. Acidty can also cause that feeling. Don't worry. just check your diet.

1 person likes this.
  3. indhushri

indhushri Senior IL'ite

thx mimur,

for ur immdiate reply ..it is so convincing.have started taking milk with turmeric powder ,pepper and palm crystals.
    will wait for another week and then go for second opinion as u said.

4. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Some antibiotic creates severe gas problem.
    You should consult the doctor and take a dose of gas tablets ( tablets should be taken in empty stomach)
    you should be alright within 7 days

5. indhushri

indhushri Senior IL'ite

hi nijasav,
    thx for ur concern and reply..u mean to say that it is a side effect of the antibiotics i took?yeah..it could be.He started the course of anti-acidity tabs already..anyhow i am waiting positively for the complete cure.