1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Worried about meeting Husband's expectation?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aswathy, Jan 30, 2008.

1. aswathy

aswathy New IL'ite

Dear all,
    Really iam in a troubled situation
    This is regarding mu husbands behaviour ....me and hus had love marriage and married for past 10 yyrs now have a 7 year old daughter. Iam wrkng also and very much mechanical life iam leading reaches home by 7 have to make mi child study and hav to prepare dinner b4 he reaches home and my husband says that i should be neat n clean when he comes he says that i shlud take bath at night after all my wrks he dont like me with a sweated body in bed...

Actually iam in a confused stage can i bcome like his .. attitude i love him very much see iam having much lesser time after reaching home can i do things what he told me iam afraid if somethng hppnns to mi life if i dont do these thngs...

Help needed

Regards
    Aswathy

2. ChaoticDjinn

ChaoticDjinn New IL'ite

Re: Help needed - URGENT

Hello Aswathy!

Dont be so hard on yourself. Life neednt be all mechanical. All it takes is mostly time management, readjusting priorities and a plan. Sit and think through how you do things from morning till night. How much time you take for each task. Is it possible to multi-task? For instance, keep the rice cooker on and have a bath? Sitting with ur daughter, helping her with homework and cutting veggies or kneading dough for dinner?

You say you get home by 7. When does ur hubby come home? Does he help u with cooking? Dont resent him that its unreasonable of him to ask you to take a bath before coming to bed. For some people it is a turn off. It just is.

You neednt take a bath. Before changing into ur night clothes, wash your face and areas where you sweat a lot. Use a small squirt of perfume if you feel like it. Doesnt take more than 5 min and is good as a bath. Helps u sleep better too.

Hope this helps!

3. aswathy

aswathy New IL'ite

Dear chaotic,
    Thanks for the reply mu hubby used to come at 8,8.30 all days except sundays he wont help at me at weekdays the onli thng is that he wantme to be clean and neat he like mi legs and feet neat (as i wont give much imp to mi foots) earlier he did nt told like this to take bath n all after 10 onli he said like this i thnk he colud have told this earlier this na bcoa that time we ppl are younger than now

i donno what hppnd to mi hubby is there anywhere mens like this pls share u r experiences.
    Regards
    Aswathy

4. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

here's the way all women do. in the early of marraige days they really love their hubby's whn they get the children they start neglecting their hubby;s slowly.. it may either due to work load or any other reason.. but they expect same love from u people .. which u r unable to show as b4.. thats y they wil be irritated. if u have a good planning towards ur work schedule , like divide ur time ur self. spare nyt time with ur hubby. he just asked u to be neat by the time whn he reaches the home na? thats it.. cool take bath even u wil be relaxed.. spare the time with him at ur dinner time. its enough whn u speak with him at dinner time.. even u wil be relaxed along with him.. talk with each other.. abt ur sorrows and happiness.. definitely u can resolve ur problem.. else it wil be like this that u wil spoil ur life with ur hands.. ok hope u understand me.. all the best..:thumbsup

5. DudeWithAttitude

DudeWithAttitude New IL'ite

:idontgetit: I don't understand what is the big deal in keeping oneself neat or taking shower when the hubby insists, unless there is a water shortage or something!

6. bmeerani

bmeerani New IL'ite

Re: Help needed - URGEN

Hi It is best to be neat and clean in the bed.
    It will only improve your relationship.
    Buy a few nice deoderants and use them.
    It is nice that your husband is straight forward.

I dont think he is asking for too much.
    buy a foot scrub and scrub you feet daily to have clean feet.

You will also feel good when he will compliment you..............

7. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

Dudewithattitude:
    Your respond cracks me up.:)

8. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

I think after getting married for such a long time, we, women often forgo our own needs to take care of everybody else but ourselves. Since you are also working, why can't your hubby take care of a little bit of housework or hire a maid if you have to. I don't know where you live but here in the States it costs only $40.00 to clean a 1 or 2 bedrooms, this can be done twice a month. This will give you some free time on the weekend to get manicure, pedicure, facial or take a niceeeeeeeee long bath. Your daughter is old enough to help you some light housework as well. Do not forget to take care of yourself.

All husbands want to see their wives, well put together, clean, neat and smell delicious....Let me know how it goes....Good luck...

9. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Aswathy,

It will be nice if you wrote less cryptic english. I am having hard time understanding it.

thanks,
    Ria

10. aswathy

aswathy New IL'ite

Dear Ria,
    Waht you actually want from me less cryptic english means?