World's best online sales - shopping in eBay

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Huma, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody

Nervous about using your computer to buy online? Here's how to get the best bargain ever and stay safe.

- Always pay securely
    Ask yourself...Can i get my money back? The safest way to pay is with PayPal. It sends payment via e-mail without exposing your debit or credit card details to the seller. Under its Buyer Protection programme, it essentially guarantees your money when you buy from eligible sellers. If a seller tries to steer you away from using it, watch out. Credit cards are fine too, as long as the seller is reputable. but don't give anyone your card details if you're at all unsure about them.But never ever pay cash or by an instant money transfer service such as Western Union or MoneyGram...no matter what a seller says.

- Check out the seller
    Feedback is the key to eBay's success.Ignore it at your peril. After every transaction, buyer and seller can rate each other for all to see. Look for a positive feedback score of 98 per cent or above. and go for a seller who encourages repeat business. If a seller has been supplying counterfeits or substandard goods, someone will have given them negative feedback along the way. Watch out for Mutual Feedback Withdrawn. Some sellers avoid a bad score by retaliating with negative feedback to any nuyer who has criticised them. The buyer is upset and then accepts the seller's offer to have both feedbacks withdrawn

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Ebay has lost its charm since any dispute with the buyer, then buyer gets to contest the refund and the user is not given an opportunity to explain.

Would be along time before i purchase anything on Ebay. I would rather stick to reliable sites like flipkart.