1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

World is changing but not All Change is good, My colleague finds EMA as acceptable

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Hyral, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Today, I and my just 1 month newly married colleague were discussing about one of our colleague whose going around with another colleague of our team. both are bachelors...and fare enough....

We ended up discussing that some companies have Policy wherein one cannot have affair at work place...and There I gave her example of Phaneesh murthy x-CEO of iGate patni...that inspire of being married and having 2 kids hadextra marital affair with his colleague in US to this she saidd its ok....one should not tie up his / her spouse ...they should be free to get into relationship...I was shell shocked coz this gal is simple and more over is traditional like from her talks can say ....
    when i asked him will she be okay if her husband is into relationship with some one...
    she is like ya am fine with it...why to bind him up....

I told him...I fail to understand...if that is the case why does one gets marry and its so unethical too...
    To go for some one else while having own spouse...is Cheating but she said no its not...its his/her life and if feels need to look for someone else he /she can...

She is around 27 yrs old...

Really am shocked that what will be the thought process of next generation...

EMA minuses commitment and trust towards eachother.
    First ever seen a gal whose okay with this...

2. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

Re: World is changing but not All Change is good, My colleague finds EMA as acceptabl

There is a lot to understand about her and behind her Okay kind of behaviour :)

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Re: World is changing but not All Change is good, My colleague finds EMA as acceptabl

Hyral...not the next generation...se looks more from the previous generation of women who thought a husband having an EMA was just a routine and since they couldn't do much about it...they turned a blind eye to the fling or just accepted it for the sake of "marriage".

I wonder what her answer would be if you ask her if she would be ok having EMA while being married to her husband.

Or ...may be she is not really as traditional as you think and likes an open life.

2 people like this.
  4. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I am not shocked. Your 27 years old one month married girl is probably yet to develop any bond with her new husband.

Possessiveness towards husband develops only after a strong bond sets in.

Right now, your friend must be missing her parents only very much. Her husband probably does not exist in her emotional world.

The day, she feels her bond with her hubby strongly in emotional terms, possessiveness would develop and she will re-define her own concepts about EMAs.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Dear Op!
    I am not shocked.This kind of EMA s are becoming a sort of reality because of the way we are living now.Both Hubby& wife working long hours to make ends meet& they hardly meet at home,even if they do its on weekends-& thnat too shopping,cleaning,kids takes up all the time-I dont know if you are aware of a term Office Spouse-in corporate world its a office equivalent of home spouse-meaning the person you are spending the most time with in office.Relationships have become more of convinience than relations themselves-Divorces are being sought for flimsy reasons-Staying & making marriages last are the last things on anyone's mind now-they want instant solutions!!

6. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

OP I'm not so surprised really. This line of thought is what I observe daily, online on social networks, micro-blogging & public forums, television, movies, malls, offices, social gossip and so on. And this is not a simple phenomenon, it is complex and layered.

A lot of the present day youngsters (and I certainly don't mean ALL) are extremely self-centered in their approach to everything: My life, my space, my privacy, my likes, my dislikes, my comfort, my wish, my way or highway. There's hardly any space for anything /anybody who does not approve of their choices. Its easy to fall for people outside of marriage; the options are aplenty and easily accessible.

Their relationships (especially within marriage) are sometimes so shallow and fragile that they can be broken by discord over unbelievably trivial issues. The cementing bond of deep-rooted love & mutual respect is hard to come by. Adjustments in marriage are sometimes viewed as favours granted to the other spouse. Being accommodative & adaptive of each other's natures, likes & dislikes is at times viewed as being regressive and sacrificial. Couples are commonly rude and discourteous to each other. In-laws are now relegated to being 'extended' and often 'undesirable' family. There are so many levels to the slow degeneration of the institute and concept of marriage, family, what is and is not acceptable within its parameters.

However, this is definitely not inclusive of all young people.And there are no rights and wrongs here, to each his own. But things have definitely changed from how they used to be. For some the change is good, for some not so good.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Yeah Agreed..sorry I missed mentioning this...its her Love Marriage :D

8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

She may be just kidding !

9. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Per my opinion, EMA should be acceptable if it's not a cheat..both side spouse know that accepted happily (not because they do not have any other option).

I remember a couple in my society (around 40 year old) and they both had EMA , I do not know them personally but heard from one of aunty who is wife's mother's friend. Both were OK with each other's EMA , saying we also have rights to live happy. I am not sure why they were still in marriage (might be because of kids) but they were happy with this arrangement.

Again if there is love in marriage , EMA will never get a place.

10. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

She probably was joking or still going thru marriage adjustment wehre she feels like she is giving up her identity & via saying "its ok" she is free-ing herself mentally from marriage

I knkow I say lot of things I am "cool" with but in reality if those things hit me I would go crazy

1 person likes this.