World Book Fair

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Shabnam88, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Shabnam88

Shabnam88 New IL'ite

The World Book Fair which is presently being held every two years at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi recently got over on 07 Feb 2010. It was organised by the National Book Trust.
    I visited the Book Fair along with my kids. I was looking out for some children books and I got quite a bagful at bargain prices. There were eateries too and many faimilies had a bite on the sunny lawns.
    I would like other ILites to relate their experience of the Book Fair!:thumbsup

2. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

I too visited the World Book Fair. It was the second day and I found it very unorganised. There were no maps/ directions for the various Hall. With a lot of difficulty, I could manage to find the Hall I was looking for. In fact, there was free entry through one of the gates, simply because the organisers had forgotten to post ticket selling personnel at the gate. The public simply streamed in. It was only later in the day that the ticket counters opened.

3. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

The World BooK Fair is a good opportunity to view the latest books and titles under one roof. I hear that there is a move to held the Book Fair every year instead of once in two years.
    I wanted to visit the Science and Technology hall which was organised in Hall no 6. The Hall was at the far end. I had to find my way after some difficulty.
    Once there, I was mesmerised.I love books and there were so many titles on display. This year I found that two leading hospitals of Delhi, the All India Instt of Medical Sciences and GangaRam Hospital had put up stalls about their publications. There were leading European publishers too with their latest titles.