1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

"Workout Daily" Support Group: Share your daily exercise routines here.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anandchitra, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Shobana
    This is for you

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

That is the secret I think.

Today I did more like half hour since we all went to workout together my son kept distracting me so could not finish.

Will take care tomorow .

2. Latha1234

Latha1234 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends

i am a new member here and i want to join in your team.I am planning to start my workouts from monday 26th nov.My current weight is 170 pounds and my height is 5feet 2 inches.My goal is to loose 40 pounds.

thank u
    latha

3. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Warm Welcome Latha.

Do You Know Anything About Kollu The Horse Eats I Came To Know That It Has Some Effect On Weight Reduction. Do You Really Agree With This Or Any Idea About It Let Me Know.

Regards
    Shakila

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi gals,
    hats off for you all, I feel bad when I do not work out. I keep postponding it. This time the excuse is that mother and bil has come. But after going thro all the posts, I thought I can use this time tht mother is there. I plan to walk for an hour in a normal pace in the evening 4 to 5. Hope it does not rain today. it is drizzling now and is very cloudy. I am also motivated by all your efforts. But joining a good gym is very costly here in India and there are no good one near my area, so that is out of question.
    Can you people explain a little about weight training, abs (to reduce tummy) etc. so that people like me can try at home?
    Hi Banu,
    horse gram is called kollu in Tamil and Mudira in Malayalam. There are many recipes with that in our Ask Chitvish section. Do go thro that. Also Chithra has given lots of diet recipes and also raw food menus also. Do look them up.

5. Anandchitra

Hello Ladies
    I did not goto workout today as I had company through out and am exhausted by evening. However before dinner we all went out and raked leaves on our lawn for almost one hour. I did a lot of bending down and up and walked up and sown so i hope thats ok for today. when other things are going on i put my exercise to last.
    Tomorrow 1 hour treadmill.

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Been bad yesterday ladies: Just a simple walk in the park......

Today, did not do the tread mill, but like AC, me too did a whole bunch of gardening for 2 hours straight.... Really bend nimundufying.

Back to gym tomorrow and power walk.

V

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Ok ladies - did not work out today. My daughter was going back to college today after lunch - so that blew my routine of going to the cycling class in the morning. Will have to make up for it tomorrow.

Varloo - welcome to this group - if we can motivate even one member to stick to a workout program, that is great. Weight training is when you us use weights - like lifting a 5 lb barbell in each hand and doing a bicep curl. At the gym, there are machines that you can use to achieve this. You can use weights to workout all parts of your body. When using weights, you are working your muscle. For women, it is highly recommended since it helps to keep our bones stronger. I am giving a very simplified explanation here. There are tons more benefits for using weights. Only thing that I would advise if you are going to use weights is to use proper form - otherwise you can hurt yourself. You can do crunches to tone your abs - again proper form is required. You can look into some fitness videos/dvds that may help you if you cannot go to the gym. Good luck - I am in no way expert - can tell you what I do!

8. Anandchitra

Dear Varloo
    Welcome here. This thread and friends here help me accountable. I like to plan my workouts here and come backa n report how I did it.or not. I only do plain walking sometimes I go on theelliptical. I hope i can help you too. If you want to post what you are planning to get done on monday thn you can come back and review post and update your workout also. See you soon.

9. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

Are men allowed in here? I need to make some public commitment so that I can motivate myself to go to Gym regularly.

Couple of reasons why I want to go to gym. First, to become mentally sharp. Second, to drop a few inches of my waistline.

My schedule is Mon-Wed-Sat
    2 miles of running in Treadmill ~10 minutes
    Free weights ~30 minutes
    Abs ~15 minutes

You will know tomorrow whether I am going to embarrass myself here or not:)

10. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I too would like to put in my workout details over here everyday. I do an hour of exercises every day. 30 to 40 mins of walking and jogging, 20 min cycling and 10 mins of stretching.

Would like to know more about weights. I've been having this wrong notions about weight training, like your muscles will become tight and stronger like men, your arms would be bulged like men...... and so on. But I know, it's wrong. Could anyone clarify more about it. Thanks shoba for detailing a bit about weights. Would like to hear more.

Count me in.