1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working women & Taking care of preemie babies

Discussion in 'Infants' started by AnithaPartha, Dec 15, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Priya Mommy:)
    In USA the main problem is lease.. Once we take lease and if we break them to change apartments then we need to pay entire years rental charges.. This is main problem for all indians staying here.. So changing house option also didnt work out for me..

The only way resolution for this problem is quitting and staying away from this thinking.. becoz taking decision is really killing me.. Sometimes I feel bad for taking this decision but sometimes I feel good if I see Rithik.. So its dual worryness..

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anitha,
    Hugs to you. I have been in this situation before and can understand everything that is going through your mind. Making up your mind and taking a decision is difficult, but I can guarantee you that it is best to think through before deciding. I sat on my decision for at least two weeks trying to see how I could hang on to my job and continue to take care of my responsibilities at home. Only when I was satisfied that I was not doing enough of justice to my family did I quit. That way, I don't have any regrets. I know I could not have managed work and the little baby. I have the highest regard for Moms with infants who manage to go back to work and play dual roles, I could not have done justice to both.

Even if you decide to quit, don't feel bad about it. Rithik won't need you this much a few yrs from now. I did manage to get back to work right before my DD's third B'day. I'm pretty sure you can too.

Regards,
    L

3. AnithaPartha

Thanks Laks :)
    I quitted my job once for my DH.. now for my LO.. I dont feel bad becoz both DH & son are more important in life than others.. I know money is impo too but situations will change us..

Am planning to try for job again once Rithik is well done :thumbsup

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

If you have decided to quit 100%, good Anitha, sure, you can get into one later :))
    I too was working... Quit for kids.. Atleast i found,i am not that manaing-work-home-well kind. Planning to Work once kids grow :) I believe apart from home making, every woman should have something on her own. Some freelancing stuff, online jobs, part times, work from home, etc... Though fulltime jobs take a backstage with kids for some women like us, since you have parents, you can be all eyes and ears for such type of jobs. This wud boost you up a lot :)):thumbsup

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Anitha,

I Quit my job when I was pregnant with my DD,We had to move due to my husband's change of job and still haven't started again.It is almost 3 years 4 years now and it will take some more time for me to join.I would love to start again atleast a parttime,though not a full time,since with 2 kids and household work it becomes difficult.

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Anitha, one additional thing - have you talked to the employer - the one who pays you , not the bank to see if they can put you on unpaid leave and have another contract closer in, say 6 months? No harm in asking.

If you have exhausted all options, like Laks says then do not regret. Everything is for the best, Good Luck.

7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha - Pavarun's option sounds tempting. Do try it!
    Btw, have loads and loads of FUN with Rithik and Hakuna Matata!

Regards,
    L

8. AnithaPartha

After all trails also manager still ask me to join before Jan 15th or roll off from prj.. now I have no choice other than quitting.. actually i suffered a lot and got his project when I was 4mon preg ! In my 4th mon they never know I was preg also.. in my 5th mon only i told all that am preggie..

i think market is better now and no harm in trying >5-6mon i think.. sometimes in night sleep i think that am doing a wrong by quitting since I have quitted wipro job as such like.. not sure why my inner mind thinks like this now:spin

9. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Anitha, sounds like you have explored all possibilities. Don't feel guilty, I think you are making the best decision under the circumstances.

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

anitha jus like u i quit my job once for DH,wen i was at the peak of my career and promoted, that too for 2 yrs.... n now planning to join once zoey is 6 - 8months old... but thats just an option right now.... dunno if it is going to be implemented
    so relax :)