working women-some issues

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by kanmani.khivraj, Dec 7, 2006.

1. asharvi67

asharvi67 New IL'ite

Hi Sharadha,

Cheer up...!!! I really appreciate your work:bowdown

I completely understand your issue coz my mother was in your situation 15 yrs ago...

Yes she was working and had to travel nearly 2-3 hrs a day!
    Had to do all the work at home... still my dad used to compare her with his sisters who were at home!!!!!

My Mom never took that to heart...( of course she would have!!!! but never let that spoil her spirits)

The best words from her for all the problem would be "I have done my duty and left rest to the god". Till date she sticks to that.

Never try to carry your personal problems to office and vice versa.

People who try to pull your legs are afraid of you!!!!! They know you are smart enough... just trying to demotivate you...

I am sure negative comments would decrease our zeal... but remember people try to pull you down.. that means you are ahead of themBig Laugh

I feel instead of doing all the tasks alone why dont u take the help of a maid...?
    Also you can ask your daughter to help you in small ways.....

I dont know how you would take my previous suggestion... but it is not wrong... boy or girl... helping out parents in their day today work is highly appreciated.

Me and my sis ( 2 yrs younger to me) used to do all the work at home except cooking (reserved for mom:)) from the age of 10!!!

Whem amma comes from office we used to greet her with hot filter coffee:)

So take care sharadha... spend time on yourself too...Be happy... we know we are doing good... why except appreciation from others.... God would definitely bless you with all happiness...

Cheers,
    Ashwini

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Very good suggestions sweetheart143. I too sometimes let myself be bogged down with trivial details, especially when i have a bad day at work bonk

Your advice will help me a lot.. thank you Bow

3. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Rums5577,

Your boss seems to be adamant and you cannot change her attitude. So, it is better to compromise with your situation and plan accordingly. You come at 8.00 or 8.30 PM which is almost sleeping time for your son. Dont stress him in the night. Instead you get up early, finish your cooking, other work and after he gets up make him do his work for 30 minutes or so if he is willing. Sunday, you can teach him. Give him a gift if he learns till certain level and that will make him more enthusiastic about the studies. At the same time dont bribe him (that if he finishes he will get chocolate etc.).

Sri

4. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Dear sharada,

First of all i would like to congratulate you for the good job you are doing at work & home. i would say just one piece of advice "we are responsible for our life" Take charge of your life..Dont allow anyone to rule you(emotional,physically,financially),neither your family members nore your boss.Ignore people who hurt you.if they praise your co sister,you also praise cercastically sending the message 'I would have been more than her if i just had homemaker role to play".

-Talk to your husband when he is good mood.
    Tell him that you dont want him to compare with anyone.Bangalore is not salem.Home maker cannot be compared to working mom.Working mom's are great jugglers with too much stress.if he feels your cosisters is better off...warn him that you willl leave your job...see the reaction...(never leave job if you dont want to,but firmly tell him you will leave if he is not happy)

-get paid help whenever possible.
    -Go to spa once in a month.visit a park \temple on the way home once in a while .
    -Talk good care of yourself.
    -Go thru the thread "Golden rules for every woman"
    -Dont give right to anyone to take away your happiness.if anyone comments,give back properly\ smile accoording to situation.When people realise that they cannot hurt you by nasty things they will stop eventually.
    -whenever you feel low think of blessings you have & move on.
    -never expect anything from anyone.Just do you duty & leave everything to god.Praise yourself that you are doing your best.Dont expect others to make you happy.You have to be happy for yourself.If others recognise its bonus else dont care about it.
    -assign responsibilities to family members to lessen your burden.you did not get married to become slave.take charge of your live & live happilly.
    -feed posivtive energy to your system.Take a break & attend Art of living course whenever possible.
    Cheers,
    Suma

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008