Working women in uganda

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by CharanyaRam, Mar 18, 2011.

1. CharanyaRam

CharanyaRam Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I am planning to relocate to Kampala with my husbnd and would like to know how will be life there, cost of living and saftey with respect to leaving the kids in the day care. Is there any day care available?, how is the saftey for the kids?

I would be glad to hear the details.

Thanks,

CharanyaRam

2. gitasonu

gitasonu New IL'ite

Hi Charanya,

This is Gita here. Well Kampala is a safe place to live in. U can have housemaids for day care . The place is secure. Where in kampala r u goin to be in n which company do u work for.

I too am working and have a 10 yr old son. My husband keeps travelling so i am with my son . U have the supermarkets , the Indian association, Veggie markets, eating joints n all.

Regards

Gita

3. CharanyaRam

Hi Gita,

many thanks for your reply, I am going to work for a company called technobrain and my husband too, we have a 2.8 years old kid and currently in play school. Is there any day care available who will care the kid well, what would be the cost, i am planning to come there in a couple of months. Can you suggest me some good schools, day care or after school in kampala? What would be the fees? is those places safe for naughty kids like mine?

Also i want to know about the cost of living and the company has provided us an appartment, can you please send me the details of it. i would be greatful to you.

I am a software engineer by profession and also would like to know what is the basic salary given to those who have 4+ years of experiance? just wanted to double check if the salary that was given to me would be sufficient for living and also according to the industry standard.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Charanya

4. gitasonu

gitasonu New IL'ite

Hi Charanya,

Nice to note that u are offered an opening in Technobrain.

Well if u have accomodation provided, then in 500 -700$ we can run our households.

How old is ur child. well my son is in DPS kampala, which is very close to ur office. The school follows CBSE indian pattern. well for day care u can keep a maid as i suggested earlier.

A salary of 1000-1200 dollars wud b good. kampala is expensive for living.A maid will take around 70-100$ per month. vegs n fruits r the best here.

What is ur work profile with technobrain?

Find out ur address of stay n i will tell u.

Get all ur vessels n clothes cause they r expensive here.

Regards

Gita

5. CharanyaRam

Hi Gita,

I was egarley waiting for your reply and happy that I got it. As i mentioned I am Software engineer by profession and the job profile is still on talks, but i would like to confirm certain things before i take up an job there. My son is 2 years 6 months and in play school here, planning to put him in Kg by sep. You know anything about the company, where do you work?, what is the usual time of work in kampala. My husband is also on talks for the position GM training there in technobrain. whats your feedback about this company? How much is the school fees in DPS?

I has been great to see that your extending lot of help to people like us. If everything goes well, I would like to be your real time friend.

Thanks again

Bye

Charanya

6. CharanyaRam

Hi,

Any one there to help me?????????:-(

7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear charanya,
    there are many playway schools suiting all pockets.they keep the children for all day to help working moms with additional payment...........lunch is also provided to kids on extra cost...........some of the schools with indian managment are Daffodils,Springdales,Hungry Caterpillar............many others with ugandian managmentAcorns,Kissifur etc

i don't know anything about this company..........sorry............still be 100% sure of company before coming...........

gita has mentioned fee od DPS in other thread about kampala.check it.(about 500$ per term)
    working hours here start from 8.30 to 5.30 with half day on saturday..........but different companies may have different working hours...........
    pragati

8. CharanyaRam

Hi Pragati,

Thanks for your reply, and your info was very much useful.

Regards,

Charanya