1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Working out while sitting in office?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Rakhii, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies,
    I had been searching for some exercise routines which can be done while sitting in office but didnt specifically find one here. So please bear with me if I am repeating an old thread.

Little back ground: I start my work at 7:45 in the morning (for which I have to wake up at least at 4:45 to be at work on time...long travel). Since then, my work keeps me really busy until I leave work at 3:45. I walk back to the train station, 2.5 km in 20 minutes. my BMI is in the normal range and I am not over weight.

BUT, the main problem is my tummy. I look like I am 4 months pregnant:spin But other parts like hands and legs are perfectly fine and look toned.

Now, my question is: is there any exercise I can do while I sit at work to get the muscles tightened in tummy? PLEASE! Help me. I want to give some exercise to my tummy while I am working. Please. Thank you!

2. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Can you use an exercise ball in the office instead of your regular chair? It works well for the core.

You can also do pelvic tilts, cat-camel exercises sitting at the edge of the office chair. Also, try plank-push-ups with the hands resting on a stable desk/furniture instead a few times each day during a break - works well to engage the core muscles.