1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working mothers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 25, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Today seeing my daughter struggling brought me back memories of my working times. Atleast during my working period we had a maid to look after the children, though we had problems with her. I had not to leave my children somewhere else and go to office.
    But my younger daughter leaves her daughter in her in law’s house and goes. If she leaves at 9 a.m. then only she can reach in time. Morning she has to prepare breakfast and also something for the night. Some days I go to her house in the morning so that I can be of some help to her. Today when I went her daughter was having milk in half sleep and was not ready to get up. I was feeling so sad that she is not able to sleep peacefully. Somehow we made her get up and got her ready. Once she got up she started smiling . My daughter was going down the steps fast I could not keep with her speed, her daughter was looking whether I am coming behind or not. She takes a rick and drops her daughter in in law’s house and takes the same rickshaw to the station. Though I have also gone through some difficulties during work , feel sorry for my daughter. Evening she comes home has coffee,cuts the vegetables , then goes and brings her daughter and the work goes on. No time to spend with her daughter much. Only Saturday evening and Sunday whole day she has time to be with her daughter. Her daughter goes to sleep late so gets up also late in the morning.
    Now a days girls cant sit at home also due to the cost of living.

2. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear viji mom!yes mom,it's true.all working women face the same problems now a days.earlier i had my fulfledged business.once my second daughter was born,it was quite difficult for me to manage home and business well.so i gave a franchise of it.now i have a consultancy of my own and do it part time when my daughters are in school.now i have maintained a proper work-life balance by god's grace.i too felt bad for your daughter and her daughter as well.regs-anu:

3. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma...............anubavam pesugirathu......
    You are right, me too feel sorry for all the working moms who do not have time with their children but what to do......to keep a family running two salaries are needed these days.
    There are lots of people who comment on this but only when you go through similar problems do we understand the feelings of a working mom.......

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

yes viji you brought back memories of my working days too.but thankfully it was 5 day week and my parents were a HUGE help.And both dropping and picking up from my mothers house was done by hubby.:hide: of course i had house work and office but year ending times i used to come home only by 8 and amma used to say now you have dinner here only.:biglaugh
    Really how much parents do for their children.:)

5. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi viji maa. your very true. i had been to my aunt's place to pick up my brother, as his vocations started, i had tears in my eyes seeing my aunt getting things done in hush hush for getting started to her office. she hurrliely packed 2 boxes for herself and packed bigger one for us and she hardly has time in the morning. she had finished cooking, cleaning etc i feel very sad for all working ladies. just shared what i had seen in my aunts place. very sad. hmm hope so people understand and stop blaming them for not spending quality time witheir kids

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji
    once again you have written about something so close to my heart... life is sometimes a real struggle for working mothers... balancing home ,office, and school schedules get very difficult... we hardly get any time for ourselves... even to go for waxing its an effort!!..
    I'm very lucky as I head the branch office here for my company and my boss doesn't restrict my working hours... as he knows that I always deliver my designs in time....
    but I know some women who have terrible bosses who are not understanding and have to work long hours... feel really bad for them...
    nowadays maids are also so unreliable unlike earlier days when they were so sincere....
    sorry long FB!!!
    Kerman

7. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Truely said viji mam...........i really going throught the same the as ur daughter expect for the days its thursday half a day and friday. The one more problem here is my DH strats at 5.00 in th morning my son at 5.50 and me at 7.30.Everything starts very early i the morning here. My guilt that i am not spending quality time with my son is killing me day by day...........and also my heath is not cooperating to strectch for too long hours. I hardly sleep for 6hrs in a day. Also unlike your daughter my mom is not staying with me to see the stress i am undergoing otherwise she will also be worried the same way you do.............thats sometimes better atleast we give them some peace by staying away from their eyes.:hide:

8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

viji amma i am expecting my first kid in 7 more weeks and guilt of being a working mom is killing me now itself..when i see my friends who share due date with me and are at home are able to take proper food at correct time,able to spend time with baby inside womb,do some walking exercise and have some time for themselves...now itslef i feel i am a bad mommie as i really dont have we time(me and kid) i dono what happens later..my mom and mil are there to take care of kid but then that guilt will remain for ever i am sure.

9. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

Hello Viji mam,

I am also sailing in the same boat. I drop my little daughter at my mothers house when I go to work now during summer vacations. School days are much easier as she goes at 8:45 and I get atleast 45 mins for myself. But nowadays she sleeps late and gets up late, somedays even at 9:30. If not for my mother, it would have been very difficult to balance.

Regards
    Rani

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

!

Hi Viji Aunty!

Made me nostalgic. I remembered the days when I used to leave office go straight to the creche where Harish and Sudha from different schools used to be dropped there and I will bring them back on my way home.

Now all those hard days are over. Nowadays I come home late and she treats me to hot coffee!!

But such issues have become part and parcel of everyone's life as present day living demands have increased multifold!!