1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working Moms pressure from children!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by kalpadha, Dec 5, 2012.

1. kalpadha

kalpadha New IL'ite

I have a 4 year old child who goes to school and taken care by my in laws. Lately, she keeps telling me that I have to stay at home with her as she misses me everyday. I work 5 days a week and back home around 7.30 in the evening. She gets to see me only in the evening and of course, I ensure to I spend some quality time with her once I'm back and during the weekends. Still she feels that I have to be with her and sometimes throws her temper tantrums. I love this job and can't afford to lose it considering other factors. Can someone please suggest how to make her understand the situation.

2. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

hey kalpadha,

do you get her ready for the school in the morning?
    Make it a practice that leave out all the work and get her ready in the morning and keep everything secondary to it.

I know its a very big task.. but this helps.. my daughter is also 4+ and she keeps tellin that she wants me to drop her to the bus .. pick her up.. and do this and that like how her friend's mothers do.

Might be getting her things done by yuo might change the scenario..

3. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I am in same boat. My daughter is 4+ and asks me to stay at home and pick her up from school too.
    I try to spend most of my time with her when both of us are at home. I wake her up at 7 and get her ready by 8 and drop her in school bus. I do all morning work before she wakes up and after she goes to school.

After coming back from office at 5-5:15 pm I take her out to garden or grocery/veg shopping. Then I get her homework done. We have hired a cook for dinner. So I remain completely free in evening till I put her to sleep at 10-10:30 pm. Offcourse my house is a mess many times but I give it less importance. We have a servant to do vessel cleaning, mopping, dusting.

1 person likes this.
  4. DRRAMAN2006

DRRAMAN2006 Junior IL'ite

I am too facing same issue, My DD wants me to be at home and be like other stay at home mom's...

5. visvam

visvam Senior IL'ite

hey
    you just replied whats in my mind

6. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Why dont these kids ask their dads to stay at home ? ;-)

7. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Do guys ever feel bad , " Oh I go out for work ; I dont spend time with my kid " .

8. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

I know what you feel like. I am a mother myself and have to leave my 3 year old with a nanny and her grandparents. The guilt is killing, right? But then, I can't help it for I have loads of family commitments. I was reading this blog last night...helped me with some tips and tricks...hope it helps you too: Pressures of a Working Mother | Humpty Bumpty Kids.

9. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I feel bad for working mom and wonder how i will handle it in my future. How involved are the father in these situation?

10. sreerusnair

sreerusnair New IL'ite

try to spend or play atleast 2 hrs wit ur kid everyday.