1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Working Moms: How many maternity work clothes did you buy and where?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by uma321, Jul 16, 2013.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Ladies,

When you where/are pregnant, how many maternity work clothes did you buy for work?

Also, where did you buy maternity clothes? how much $ is acceptable? I've heard maternity clothes are expensive.

Please tell me the do's and dont's.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Uma,

With my first pregnancy I got clothes from Target, kohls and some from Motherhood Maternity. I would recommend not buying it early in pregnancy.. You may wanna wait till you cross your First Trimester as thats when things get difficult to wear. Also some my existing clothes were designed in such a way that I used them thru out my pregnancy.. Regarding how many you wanna buy? - Difficult.. I bought anything that looked cool and attarctive.. I am mostly dresses and skirts person though... yes they are expensive but you get great deals in Marshalls, Old navy and Target

3. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Chitra! I know it's too early to buy maternity clothes. But interestingly, my pants have become tight (I can feel it especially after I had a meal) and my stomach is bloated.:drowning:drowning

1 person likes this.
  4. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Target has a very good collection. I love all the maternity stuffs they carry.

I bought 3 pants and 2 skirts...
    I bought quite a few tops. I bought few baby doll ones and I continue to use it even now. Those looks very pretty on both pregnant and non pregnant ladies.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitravivek

Yes Uma very common.. Bloating keeps getting worse.. I am in same boat too.. I just unbutton my top button and use the pants.. I have decided until I see all is good this time I will not go on purchasing spreee.... I gave my previous maternity clothes to my SIL and never thought of asking it back :) So now new dresses yay to that :)

2 people like this.
  6. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks GodIsOne! I think I can use few of my tops and I have 1-2 skirts that I can use them in the next 9 months.

My main concern is the bottom. I have at least 10 pants and 10 formal skirts and I don't know how i'm going to manage with few maternity skirts and pants.

When does it start showing? I feel like I'm already looking pregnant when I know the real bump doesn't show in the first trimester. :hide:

7. Chitravivek

With first one they say generally in second trimest.. With me I started showing at the end of 5 month.But every pregnancy is different and everybody's body reacts differently :)

8. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

me too not going to buy until I see good ones.. I hate my 1st pregnancy clothes :)

9. wherenext

wherenext Junior IL'ite

buy two maternity pants and two skirts
    one maternity jeans.
    for tops buy loose normal tops...u don have to be always wearing maternity clothes

10. Siljasmith

Siljasmith New IL'ite

HI, you can get maternity clothes from "mommylicious maternity", having lots of stuff regarding working ladies. It is having good and fashionable dresses at very affordable prices.