Working Life And Retired Life

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by iyerviji, May 4, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I worked for 38 years and now I am leading retired life. I have enjoyed working life though there were many problems after marriage . Now I am enjoying retired life. It depends on us to make our lives happy with whatever we have. God knows what to give us and gives us the best but it takes time to understand that.

Before marriage I did not have responsibilities at home so enjoyed more of my working life and could sit late during account closing etc. Two years I worked in Hyderabad and since we shifted to Mumbai in 1965 I immediately got a job in two days after I came to Mumbai. I worked in Accounts department and for some years in Depot and then again shifted back to Accounts and worked in Accounts till my retirement.

After marriage our house was far from the office. I used to travel by train and by bus. Till the children were born there was not much problem but after the children were born it was a little difficult managing home, children and office. Since my husband was very supportive and helped me in the kitchen it was managable. In the earlier years my brother in law, mother in law and my husband'snephews were staying with us. But they used to help in the kitchen. When my daughter was born they used to take care of her also. Then my mother in law expired my brother in law shifted after marriage and nephews also shifted. Then we also shifted to our own house. We used to have problem with the maid who used to look after the children, after the children finished their primary section we did not have any servant and they managed themselves.

Since my husband used to help my neighbours used to think I am leading a carefree life. Its true that while working we could go out , wear nice sarees while going to work and duirng the time in the office we had no worry about home but then while working we had to please the bosses and be perfect in our work. When my kids were young I used to worry about them as we did not have phone also at home that time. There were problems but with God's grace managed .

Then when I had one year to retire I took VRS. Used to feel how I am going to lead my retired life . Till the children got married and settled was busy catering to their needs. Then after they got married only me and my husband. Somehow managed retired life too. My cooking and pooja etc. gets over by 10 a.m. Then I have time to go to the bank or any other work. Bank work, buying vegetables etc. either I do or my husband does and sometimes do it together. Get opportunity to go for marriages, religious functions etc. Now also some people feel we are leading a good life going out etc. But they dont understand we also have our problems and omehow or other Gods helps us in solving our problems. It is in our hands to keep us happy.

After I joined IL in 2007, I learnt so many things, made so many friends, feel happy when youngsters call me Vijima, have met so many ILites in different countries, some have come from abroad and met me at home.

So for me with God's grace both working and retired life have been same. As long as we have God's grace, elders blessings and good wishes of friends anf relatives life will be alway shappy

Cool10, Itsmylife143 and Anvitha like this.

2. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Thank you Vijima,

That is a wonderful summary of your career journey,
    an inspiration to all of us with having better opportunities to work and still struggling.

I too have these concerns and hurdles in a different flavor but somehow managing since 18 years.
    Looking forward for a peaceful retired life after 5 to 10 years

Thanks

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks for your first and only feedback so far Anvitha dearand sorry for the late reply. On May 4th I had gone to Kerala and returned on 11th May, then though I had read your feedback forgot to reply. Glad to know you are gd managing your working life since 18years. All the best to you. Dont worry you will have a peaceful retired life. God bless you

4. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Thank you ma, with all your blessings Hope i would be able to ...

iyerviji likes this.
  5. hithr

hithr New IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    So nice to read your narration. I am also one of those ladies trying to manage home, office and kid. I am just thinking of switching from a highly paid job to another field as I am unable to spend quality time with my kid. Your narration is so nice that I feel that I should also be able to cherish my working life later in my life.