1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working just to avoid being home with in-laws

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 4, 2012.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

You are absolutely right about the Indian set up. It's totally biased in favour of male child's parents. That's the reason people don't want to have a girl child.

1 person likes this.
  2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I think Rihana's question was about families that are living outside India and the PILs are visitors. Does Case 1 still apply? Can Indian setup be demanded on a foreign land?

3. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

There is no such law, but there are good number of court rulings which has denied DIL condition
    for separate matrimonial home to join back the husband (either during mediation or in response to
    RCR filed by husband). No doubt, the court or anyone cannot force the wife to join back husband
    in such cases. But typically, with no other cases pending, that can be classified as wife
    deserting the husband.

Subjective whether the SIL will live with PIL or not, but just as in the case of DIL, even one cannot force SIL to stay with wife parents. As in any case, moving out of the house/relationship option is available.

In principle, you are wrong. Not necessarily always

There are also DIL who do the same kind of taunts and mental torture to PIL's. IMO...Being too generic or developing unreasonable hatred towards certain positions in the family is not good.

Agreed.

IMHO...One of the words that are commonly used to hide incapability and indecisiveness is biased/partiality. When one cannot raise up to the occasion and fight for themselves, better not accuse other genders.

4. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Subjective. but cannot expect the husband for his PIL. The responsibility for the man is only wife and children. So expectations at your risk

who is asking the wife to earn??? The only thing, wife cannot ask her PIL's to stay away from husband. Thats it.If a girl wants to take care of her parents but could not do so, that is her problem.

If roles are reversed and husband goes to live with wife and her parents...reverse what i have said above.

But if in the same situation, if husband is abused by wife and her parents, he cannot do anything about it but suffer... in Indian setup.

In case of wife, whether wife stays with husband or husband stays with wife, she will always have options to corner husband or PIL, even when nothing happens.

It is more dangerous. in countries like, USA, it is not just wife who will say good bye to relationship with PIL as a reason, even husband has a fair chance to leave the wife if she is too interfering in his relationship with his parents.

Any way, we cant just force someone(husband or wife) to take responsibilty of PIL be it financially or otherwise.

5. sweetshreya

This statement of yours is paradoxical to your whole post above. Read it again, and you can easily see how wife (in current society) can be bullied in to take responsibility of her PILs, however unpleasant may that be. :bonk

If screaming 'unfair' could change anything, this world would have burnt to ashes by now !!! :rant

1 person likes this.
  6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Did we change you?:thumbsup

7. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Paradoxical or immaturity to understand? Show a phrase were i said that it is ok to force DIL to take the responsibility of PIL.

My post meant that while DIL is at her free will to take the decision of whether or not to take responsibility of her PIL's, in principle she has no right to deny the "RIGHT" of her PIL's to stay with their son(her husband).

As long as we let others to bully us, we will always get bullied. It the choice we make and nothing else.

Screaming will never change the world, let alone the circumstances that we face. It is the decisions that we take....and the actions that we undertake

8. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

I am open to change. As i dont close myself behind the doors and think that the society has never changed or will never change.

Frankly i dont even expect society to open the doors for anyone, when we ourselves are not ready to come out

9. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

women generally dont have much choice of taking responsibility of in laws or not. especially when they are living with them. whether they like it or not, in laws influence will be there most of times

1 person likes this.
  10. sweetshreya

This is the quote from your previous post. What I wanted to say is that same can be said about the wife. '
    The responsibility of the woman is only towards her husband and children. Expect her to take care of your parents at your own risk'. Fair enough?? :coffee

3 people like this.