1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working just to avoid being home with in-laws

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

well rihana

whats ur opinion on these :) according to my opinion its depends on the understanding of both the parties well i think inlaws wont express it but inner they will have a wish that dil must take up a job so my son no need to spend money on her any ways they know that everything will be there for them on right time whther dil is working or not so it desnt matter them(poor son doesn't know this) feels very guilt if wife takes a job my parents may feel we r not caring for them

poor wife knows both of the intentions so its better for her to decide which makes her feel comfortable at least for sometime so it result for any job take up:hide:

2. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Putting myself on her shoes, I would take up that job, else I would be in the verge of committing the sin by sending my poor PIL's to work :rotfl..
    Rather they becoming intolerant and leaving the house, am giving them peacful "their time"...

-Neetu-

3 people like this.
  3. varadhan8

varadhan8 Bronze IL'ite

In my opinion there is no wrong in taking part time job when inlaws are around to avoid unwant conflicts between them. After marriage i stayed in home for just 5 months to get my certificate after which i started working. even though they wil feel bored n all sagas wil b there any ways inlaws wil nt talk much with dils so no issues.

SwarnaVenkat likes this.
  4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

I would take up that or any such job to stay away from home.. Nothing wrong in her thoughts.

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Rihana...my sincere advice. Go out and earn that $12 hr per hour. Its worth it. PIL no PIL.

6 people like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My basic take on this is that of sushmavja's. It depends on how the in-laws usually treat her.

Monita, by 'is it right?' I didn't mean is it legal for her to work. The question is more like, 'is it fair; given that the money is so less, and husband says no...'

JAG, we have to keep in mind that question is not about a woman working or not. It is about a woman who would not work otherwise, going to work solely to avoid whole day with in-laws.

-----------------------------
    I hesitate to type my honest response in this forum : ), but I think if the in-laws and she get along OK, then, what she is doing is borderline passive aggressive. Some questions come to mind:
    1. Would she do the same if her parents were moving in with them?
    2. Would she like it if roles were reversed - she is out earning money for the family. Husband steps out of house for a peanuts paying job with sole purpose of avoiding her parents?

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Would anybody's response change if only MIL or only FIL was moving in with the couple?

All young people leave the house in the morning and the MIL or FIL is stuck alone at home. Unable to drive. 6 hours of loneliness. Mon-Fri. At lets say, 60+ yrs of age.

----
    Just to clarify - situation is theoretical. And would never apply to me.

8. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

I think it's fine. It's also good for when you get older. Keeping busy helps keep dementia at bay.

9. emerald44

emerald44 Bronze IL'ite

Do talwaar ek mayaan main nahi rahe sakthe (two swords cannot stay in one hold) so personally I would
    rush out to maybe Pluto to check for life there

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

They can come on indusladies and post. :rotfl My solutions to this would be introduce them to other older folk in the area. They can hang out together. Failing that, they can volunteer or do some gardening. The mothers will cook so that will take half the day. Not sure what they father's would do.

2 people like this.