1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

work splitting in a joint family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jhalli27, Feb 7, 2011.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

hi friends

though an open thread - but mainly relating to working women having children and who stay in a joint family/with in-laws.

how does it work for you guys? who handles cooking, house, baby? asking this becuase in nuclear family, its work only for self, husband and baby. with usual house chores. but with big family (6+ adults) - work and dirtiness - everything increases big time.

as working women - we obvously spend a better part of the day in offices. but at home, who holds the forte? how is the work split between everyone? do male members also contribute or only women??

in my case - male mebers dont move even a glass!! i blame mil for this as she does it till date for fil and her children obv grew up seeing and expecting this. of course, its not bad - but i feel certain such habbits put pressure on me - esp with other chores like baby, house cleaning, etc etc..

due to everything, there is NO time for self care/grooming/welbeing..

women is such situations (im sure most of us :)), pls share your activity split up and who handles what?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

My mil also wont allow my dh to help me but my dh understand my condition and help me.mil cooking wont be tasty too.she is also in joint family in native we seperate from her due to my dh job.she never accept or hear my easy tips in cooking.i hate her cooking when she comes means i will cook if needed means i ask her to cut vegetables,chop onions,tomato to her.no one likes her cooking too.if i cook means everyone like and i try new recipes too.if she prepare dosa means everyone here will run out because she wont add oil or prepare very big karugal thats blacky dosa like varati.:biglaugh:biglaugh

everyone ask my dosa and i have teach my dh to prepare this crispy and yummy dosa without oil too.his parents wont block my dh these days because i was not well at that time.

the simple tips i can give you is ask your mil to chop the items in night itself and today bachelors too cooking,washing vessels.you have to advise your dh to help you in small works.then it will help you if you are not feeling well means.:thumbsup