1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Work In Progress Marriage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Nov 28, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I get what you are saying. I too craved for his appreciation where in reality he doesn't even read my works. This is common when you marry a different personality.

sindmani likes this.
  2. blackbeauty84

Thanks Geetha

3. blackbeauty84

Thanks Harilakhera.

I get what you are saying! It's difficult when you try to understand from man's angle. I have heard some of my male friends cribbing about it as well.

HariLakhera and sindmani like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Work in progress- sure it is - even after 20+years.

Well, It is all perspective, no? Actually you are looking for a surprise gift that you will like.
    Because I dont know which is worse - no gift or a gift that totally surprises you in a not pleasant way.
    A pale pink printed saree with a pale green border - what am i a pink rose plant?? And a nice chocolate brown saree with violet prints and jarri work. What is wrong with this man - he takes two beautiful colours but are so totally wrong together ?

We have come to that stage of "he/She is like that only". Gifts if any, we go together and I choose. But it is mostly shared moments - long walks , icecream or coffee on a quite bench, sometimes a single flower ( it could be a Dahlia stalk)... nothing scripted, we just go with the flow. Sometimes one of us is too busy or a child is sick then no worries, many more days are there.

And my dear, why is it that in this day and age , the man is expected arrange dinner? It doesnt matter who arranges it does it? Get started now and look up a nice place for a cozy dinner. Just make sure he doesnt work late or have any other appointment that day. He may slowly understand the beauty of such shared moments, till then atleast you take charge. And any after dinner plans ? :p

Have a cherished Wedding anniversary :hearteyes:

sindmani and sangeethakripa like this.
  5. blackbeauty84

Our wedding anniversary is still months ahead!

So far my hubby's birthday last year, I ordered a cake. Our toddler was sleeping, I woke him around mid-night to cut the cake. My husband wakes up and refuses to cut the cake saying let's do it tomorrow when I'm fresh! He is just not tuned towards celebrations. Couple of times I arranged for special dinner only to get a reply dinner should always be light. Sigh!

Last month I woke up early to cook a special breakfast for him, he enjoyed it. Slowly I'm learning what works for us. We have a fair share of purple moments like cooking together, listening to melodious songs, having coffee together etc. No major regrets with married life sometime small expectations occupy a big place in heart.

Thanks for your tips sun pa. Would try and see if it works for us!

sindmani and SunPa like this.