Work from home – my journey in the writing world

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vandanarajesh, Jan 5, 2010.

1. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

Thks Saishrudhi, very true although well educated it becomes difficult to manage home and work outside.

Working from home requires good discipline and time management however, is what I have realized coz when u r at home, you tend to push work and do more of home work and then end up sitting late nights. It is important to mark out your working hrs properly so that u do justice to both and enjoy a good income to keep up. Suggest you start with writing part time and then u can leave the existing job once you are comfortable with work from home and are able to earn a good income.

2. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

hi vandana

thanks for posting your success story. Very few share it with others
    congragulations to you on a successful venture.
    it is true that with full time office we may sometimes feel we are not doing justice to our family.this is a good option for such feelings:thumbsup.

you have guven me motivation to pursue this option for the time being till i think of a full time job again:)

thanks!!

3. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

nice to read your inspiring story. its really great of you and it is providing a nice inspiration to many people who would like to wfh

4. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

A good inspiration for people who like to work from home.
    Best Wishes!!!

Viji

5. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

Thks to all of u...would be posting more in the coming days that am sure would be of help to all those who wish to pursue work from home.

6. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Your story is very inspiring and it is indeed an example for us! I should read your other posts too to widen my knowledge. I'm slowly thinking about work from home.....

7. keerthinathan24

keerthinathan24 Bronze IL'ite

hai vadhana madam,

its nice to meet u on this wonderful site... iam krithi a simple home maker ,taking care of little one and also my hubby... but apart from my usual role,i want to do something from my home itself ,that too it should be of my interested field... i was in search of home based jobs since i have come here.. but nothing turned out...

recently only i have read ur posts regarding content writing.. got surprised.. because as u r interested in wring in english,iam interested in tamil writing..!
    i will be very happy if u could guide me regarding content wriring in tamil too....please... i hope as u r experienced u may have some ideas regarding this too....

expecting ur valuable replly...
    ur krithi....

8. Dancer

Dancer Silver IL'ite

Hi Vandana,

Appreciate you for taking the time to share your story and providing information for others. This would be helpful to us, thanks a lot.

9. latikaaneesh

latikaaneesh New IL'ite

oh wow....even i am looking out for work from home type jobs...I am at home itself i have a part time faculty job...but i am more interested in working from home...