work experience in both countries????----Pls help

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by apunegirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. apunegirl

apunegirl Junior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I have worked in India for 4 yrs.Now I am looking for a job in java,j2ee development side in Texas state.I've been applying for the openings since 1 month in the dice website.
    But I am not getting any calls of interview.
    Is it so that they are interested in USA work experience guys only.
    why is it taking such long time to schedule for an interview atleast?
    Please suggest me are there any certifications well accepted/recognized by USA companies need to be shown in my CV.
    the people who studied MS here have some chance of campus recruitment.people on L1 visa might have worked for quite some time in U.S.A.But what about the fresh H1-B visa holders applying with a work experience from India only?:bonkAre these H1 guys are given fair opportunities to enter into USA software companies?

Can anyone Please throw some light on this.

Awaiting for your replies.

2. coollife

coollife New IL'ite

apunegirl, don't get disappointed. It's just 1 mnth you have started the job search. It would take time. And moreover, don't expect too many calls from Job search sites.

Try to apply through some internal referrals or through some vendors. You will get immediate response. Recruiters often choose the job search sites as the last option. Also, is your employer not helping to find a job? Ask him to market your resume.

And coming to the opportunities for new H1, I can say getting the first break here in US would be a bit tough and would surely take time in this market. Most of the times, all the previous exp is shown as US exp. This is how a typical desi consultancy markets his H1B candidates. Because of the recession and all, now-a-days companies are stringent on the background check and also considering citizens/EAD as their first option.

Also, if you are on H1, make sure you get your SSN immediately. These days employers are asking for SSN for sure before generating PO.

So, don't be disappointed. Try your best. Good luck!!!

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

One of my cousin's had the same issue. But thru consulatants she managed to get job and she is happy now. Why dont you try thru some reputed consultants?