work at home - need information

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by tharani pakeer, Dec 5, 2007.

1. tharani pakeer

tharani pakeer New IL'ite

hi ladies,

I need a very useful information from u people. Actually, I am a housewife.
    I have a computer with internet connection. I am good in typing also. i would like to work from home like e-jobs / data entry like that. Can u pls suggest me some genuine companies so that i can do something. It will be very helpful to me. (I don't know medical transcription but any online job is ok with me) Thank you.

love and regards,
    tharani

2. sumiram

sumiram New IL'ite

Hi Tharini,

I had to resign my previous job last year due to health reasons. I've been working out of home for nearly a year now. So, let me try to provide you some guidance on this.

To start with, there are lot of scams on the internet that ask you to pay money in advance. Please do not opt for it.

Now, there are lot of opportunities available on the internet for which you need not pay anything. For the starters, you could try article writing if you have good written skills, try non-medical transcription if you can easily understand foreign accents, work as a recruiter from home through phone or email. There are also data conversion jobs and a whole lot of other opportunities available.

In order to apply for these, try searching using the string 'work from home' or 'freelance', on job sites such as Monsterindia and Naukri. Not all freelance jobs are work from home. So, choose those that provides this flexibility. Alternatively, you could try visiting websites such as getafreelancer.com, elance work from home jobs , etc. where there are a lot of projects and you could bid for a project. Just make sure to see the rating of the employer before bidding so that you can be sure they pay you the promised money.

So, to start with make sure you choose to apply for jobs that matches your skill and interest. That way, you would enjoy your work and produce best results that could help you build a steady career.

If interested, could also learn a foreign language such as French, German or Japanese, since there are immense opportunities in translation jobs that pay good money.

Message me if you need any more information on this.

All the Best.

Regards,
    Sumi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
  3. Radhi_27

Radhi_27 New IL'ite

Hi Sumi,

I am really interested in these type of projects. But still I don't understand regarding the bid. Do we need to require pay before we get the project.

Pls explain in detail. Because I'm also interested in doing home based jobs.

Thanks
    Radhi