wore a saree which had some black color to temple on Friday

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by swaram, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

varalaskmi i agree with you.so many things which the age old people do cannot do in these days.and most of them are their bad experience and they set as a rule,for eg,if one of them in the house wearing blue saree and did pooja,somebody might have dead or some fire accident might have happend,then they blame the colour of the saree.this is what they do in most of the rules thats why i dont even hear them but it doesnt mean that iam disrespectinmg them.we shd beleive in god not on these elders talk.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

My mother is a very orthodox person. She used to say that women have to do many things like washing the front yard, drawing kolams, doing tulsi pooja and many such things. Me and my elder sister had done all these things which are supposed to be auspicious for amny years- singing thiruppavai etc. in Margazhi and what not. But all the daughters in the family are facing such hardships in life. Hardships means real hardships and living in mental pain everyday. Each had different set of problems. We all used to have very long hair, my akka had till half of her calf. That was also supposed to be such a virtue of girls. But we were niether sought after in marriage market or our husbands or in laws did not pamper us just because we had long hair. Even though we had all adjusted to the maximum, we have no peace in our married life. These are all just some believes, thats all. No guarantee that these will apply to all.

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Varlooooooooooo mam

I didnt even read your reply fullu, studying the second line itself i came to reply......mam, i know about u very well, i really didnt mean you mam, hope you also know about me very well so please take this as common reply, i just want to address you and reply since i know you very well more than anybody else ( regarding this thread)...hope you understand

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My dear varloo mam

I totally agree with you, whatever you have told in your post , i too feel the same, yes, we are following only whatever conveninet to us, and bride's father washing SIL feet- ellam pillai pethavalai ethi vidarthaukaga vechadhu dhan- i even against that.........

I can understand your feelings mam

5. Swethasri

My dear varalakshmi,u r mother is right asking u girls to read thirupavai,tulsi pooja,drawing kolam.but when u were reading what was u r mind set,was it just u r mom asked u to read or u urself had bhakthi in u and recited those slokams?what u r mom did was right.that drawing kolam by using rice flour which means u r feeding ants and other insects.even i did all those things.

But i will tell u onething whether u believe that or not i dont know,a thing called our KARMA(action),humans past karma will continue to the present birth,for some people it will affect from the birth like health problems for some people it will affect later like after marriage.i faced lot of problems(all becoz of my bad karma,i found that from Aghasthiyar naadi joshiyam and Aghasthiyar said its all becoz of my parents didnt brought me up in a right way thats why i faced so much of problems after marrisge) its becoz of myself and my parents side not from my in-laws.karma is nothing but all our good and bad actions in the previous and present births.Iam feeling bad for u and for u r sister.Pray to God Have Faith on God,Have Faith only on God.

what i was telling in my previous post that the elders have set some rules becoz of their own bad experience and try to implement on others.reading thiruppavai and doing tulsi pooja is always good for u r family only.

I think iam boring with this very long post.Anyway continue reading thirippavai.All The Best!!

Swetha

6. jaisreer

jaisreer New IL'ite

Do you really believe the Nadi? I am old enough to to know most of the superstitions had a logic behind it. Many things do not make any sense today because life has changed and newer inventions have come into existence. For instance, my grandmother did not want us to sweep the floor at night. Logic Electricity was not invented when she was young, thus no electric light. . One might accidentally throw away something important. Always cook dal on a festival day. Importance of protein or you might fill your stomach with sweets and carbohydrates. Olden days people took bath in communal ponds and well. Communal water cannot be contaminate. How does a women with period go near the well or pond.. Kitchen and prayer room was off limit because she could not take a bath.On top of this absorbable pads were not invented. Does this hold good to day? No. I do not practice any tradition without questioning it. I am not a young women I will be 60 soon. If I could stand up to illogical things girls you can too!

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

@Swaram,

I am older person. We are all brought with these stuff form our elders without any explanations. Colors- don't worry about it. I wear black most of the time. Those days, they must have had soem reason.

Look at the God and Goddess statues in Temples ( we call it Mulavar in Tamil). It is a black stone, not marble or any other metal. Don't we worship the black statue. Lord Krishna is called Mukundan because He is Black.

You need to have faith in Supreme Power. Doing puja or not, wearing black or white clothes are not the important. If you do the puja form your hear and gave he two ladies Kumkumam that is enough.

Hope it did not hurt anyone's feelings.

Good day!!!!!

8. FirstBite825

FirstBite825 Bronze IL'ite

Am I eligible to post my line of thought here?

It goes like this... the "kumkum" represents something to you. when you offered that kumkum, what was in your mind? Say, if that color of kumkum does represent something to you, the color of your saree does represents something to the lady who recieved it. You did not offer kumkum to any of the people who replied to this post. It is like business, you offered kumkum to a lady at the temple, in return, she offered a message. If you think that you did that business truthfully for some reason - she revealed her side, "this is were I am" - if you want to continue that business, she would like you to follow what she had said. Otherwise, the business deal may not be there.

9. Swethasri

First bite,i dont understand u r point.could u please explain it little bit more please????

10. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

I have a to say something....i think elders are wiser than us and atleast they are not mad enough to complicate things...so what i do is..dont completely listen to elders words without analysing and some simple things i do just to make my paati happy without analysing..but we can also follow sooo many things which are really logical and good for health.
    I mean..now a days no new mom is eating pathiya saapadu..i think that is all very important..and wearing madisar in close relatives marriage though its difficult to wear it on daily basis..
    my question is wat is soo wrong in following some sort of tradition which is not harmful and which we can follow??people are soo busy in critizing and forget to see the good things told by elders...am only 25..and happy to say that am a traditional person with analysing capability and a good heart to make elders happy!!