Wonderful Experience

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by rajmiarun, Aug 31, 2007.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Geetha,

Thanks a lot. I enjoy my b'day every fouth year:yes:. I don't feel bad about that since it is very nice to think that I am born on a special day. I used to feel bad only during my school days, where I couldn't celebrate my b'day every year as all others do, distributing Chocolates among friends.

But in Kerala, people celebrate B'days according to their Birth stars in the Malayalam Month. So I also celebrate it that way for 3 years and on the fourth year on feb 29.

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Lovely thread!!:)

I enjoyed reading everybody's birth stories so much!! Now I plan to ask my mom about her experiences with her 3 deliveries...:-D

Will post my delivery experience later....:)

3. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi friends
    I am here to share my experiences.My mother had two deliveries (me and my sister),both normal .she was(is) working till the due date.I was born on 16 april and she went to office till 15:2thumbsup:.Even at the time of my sister she went to office till week before.Other than that i dont remember her telling me anything more abt our birth.So we both were really very good babies u see.

Now coming to my experience.I became pregnant after 5 months of my marriage:icon_frown:.we both were not at all ready for it so it came as bit surprise for us.Infact to tell you guys the truth we acted childish.We heard people trying to concieve and we thought that we need to do something very special (from routine) to conceive.:lol::mrgreen:
    Also my periods are never sure.Sometimes they are 15-20 days late,so how could i guess wht is going inside:-(.I always have breast pain few days before my periods,It was there then also,so i was 100% sure that i will get my periods.My hubby used to tease me that maybe i m pregnant.Anyways i started feeling nausea.Then only i started doubting ,but again how to ignore my breast pain which was indication of my period due:evil:.Anyways went to doc.,She did tests and as we were waiting for result(5 mins) my hubby prayed to god tht the results to be positive.Although we did not expect it but as we had a doubt ,so we wanted it to be correct.Finally :yes:.

Now first three months were hell .Nausea,vomitings and hubby scolding:-(.Complained to everyone tht i am not eating properly.Had my first scan and it was so nice to see my baby inside.The Whole day i was looking at the scan.Gradually felt the movements and everything went nicley.The only thing i hated the most was going to bathroom at very short intervals and i could not sleep at all.Infact in nine months i hardly had a complete good night(day) sleep.I was getting impatient from eighth month itself.My MIL told me that she had all three deliveries in the ninth month(not complete nine months).I wished i had the same.But my son he was not ready to come out even after completing nine months.Finally doctor decided to induce labor and within half an hour of inducing i started getting pains and in 2 and half hrs i had my normal delivery.My son had done potty inside and also the cord was around his neck.Inspite of that i had a safe and normal delivery.

I am scared for the second chance now.Nine months+labor pain+sleepless nights....................+going to bathroom every 15 mins:tongue I dont think i have that much patience .But my SIL says that everybody feels the same way immediatley after first baby.But after few years they forget the pain and get ready for next one.As of now i am busy as my 2 and half year old is managing my time properly.:-D

Priti

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Aarushi waiting to hear your mom's experiences.

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Priti,
    Nice experience you have had. I also back your SIL's words. Soon you will forget the pain and will get ready for the next one. Though going for the second is one's personal choice, I strongly beleive that if your kid has a companion in the form of a sibling it is nice and good for them to grow.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I second rajmi. I have a daughter and a son. i had very difficult pregnancies but still everything was worth it.

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Why dont you share your experiences too.

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    You have all shared the births of 2 generations. I being a senior citizen & grandmother 4 times over, wish to mention about the birth of Prarthana, Manasvini,(daughter's) Krishna & Aditya (son's).
    All were born in Chennai & i was with the mother right through, till she was discharged. The thrill that I felt when my first GD Prarthana was born, cannot be explained in words. I was more happy than when I gave birth to my own first child Ruby.
    Since I was deep into tailoring at that time, I had got plenty of new-born dresses for every grandchild, designed & tailored by me. I stitched the baby-bags, which were very novel at that time. I had got beautiful cards with " Our baby has arrived" written artistically to send to family members & relatives.
    I was in the hospital, day & night, for every delivery, taking care of mother & child, cuddling the babies a lot in their first few days after birth. I always believe that, this gives the babies a secure feeling as soon as they come out of the protective womb. Perhaps, that is why, they are very much attached to me - I believe in subconscious feelings.
    But now that they are grown up or growing up, I keep my distance from them, only indulging on them, not disciplining them because I want their parents to do it.
    So, we have, three generation experiences here, Rajmi !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hI RAJMI,

I think my pregnancies cannot be categorized as wonderful experience. i actually had written the whole episode and remember even posting..may be i made a mistake while submit post.it did not get posted..so thought ..it is the way it should be..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear chitra,
    Wow...that was a great of you to share...