Wonderful Experience

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by rajmiarun, Aug 31, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Manju,
    my gynec clarified this point when I went for the second delivery. Infact I had insisted the doc that I am unable to bear the pain but if I am not into the stage of delivery pls make a c-sec as I have already have one. But she assured me that the c-sec for the second delivery is generally done iff the first delivery is a c-sec because of the mother. But in my case my daughter had problems when I had pain and started pushing.

So by default the second delivery was a normal one. I am happy that God gave me the previlage to enjoy both the types of deliveries and its effects. Though both were different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting to see yours and your mother's experiences too.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    You guessed it right. Though I was in full labour my c-sec was decided at the last moment. Thanks for your clarifications.

Expecting your posts in this thread.

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Let me first tell my mother's experiences of two deliveries... Me and my sister.

My parents were in Ahmedabad (Gujarat) when I was born. My mother was healthy and had no problems during her first pregnancy. She was working and used to travel in scooter, even though her Gynec was against that. She had no other choice. Couldn't travel by bus during peak hours to office. Luckily, she did not have any complication due to that.

My parents were alone at Ahmedabad till the last month. My grandmother was a teacher and she couldn't take any leave. My mother's due date was February last - March first. All of them were praying for not giving birth on Feb 29 (leap year).

But I was not that patient, so my mother got her labour pain by the evening on Feb 28. She was rushed to the hospital by a nearby family, as my father was at work. My grandmother was also with her.

She delivered me on Feb 29, early morning by 5.30 am. So I became a leap year baby. Still everyone tease me saying that I am still a little girl, because I have celebrated only 6 birthdays till now, the 7th falling in 2008. :cool2:

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Now about my Sister's birth.

She was born in Kerala, in my mother's native place Thiruvalla.

Since my mother was working, she could come to Kerala only in the 7th month, travelling for 2 days in train from Ahmedabad. She had many difficulties after that journey. Even she had some personal problems due to a close relative, whom she took along with her to Ahmedabad for help. My mother was very upset and it affected her a lot during pregnancy. My father was always a support for her. But he couldn't come along with her to Kerala due to work.

I was with my maternal grandfather and grand grand mother, enjoying my native place. My mother got her pain three weeks before the due date. She was rushed to the hospital, on October 10 afternoon. She couldn't even stand due to stomach problem in addition to labour pain. She suffered a lot. When she reached the hospital, she was given 'Enema' and this intensified the labour. Everyone was worried because it was much before the due date.

She gave birth to my sister after half an hour. My sister was a premature baby and was put into the incubator for a week, as she was underweight. She became healthy only after a long time. My mother still has concerns for her, as she always had some health problems. Now, she is married for 3 months and is healthy, by God's grace.

5. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

This is my last experience : My own delivery

I became pregnant after 6 months of marriage. Had doubts when I missed my periods and got it confirmed with my Gynec. We had just shifted to a new house in Ernakulam in Kerala. Myself and my husband were staying there alone. I was refered to the hospital nearby by our landlord lady. She was very nice to us.

I did not have much problems during the pregnancy period. Had three Scans and my due date was given as May 4th. But on April 30th, I couldn't feel any movement of the baby. We waited till evening, but I couldn't feel any movement. We got frightened and rushed to the hospital. My Gynec ordered a scan immediately and the result showed no problem for the baby. But she insisted on admitting me to the hospital that day itself.

I was in the hospital from that day. I had slight BP also. So on May 3, doctor advised us to induce labour. We agreed and the labour was induced. There were 3 other ladies along with me in the labour ward. All of them got pain in 2 hours. But I didnot have any. I was in the labour room with them all the day and all of them delivered by evening. Still I didn't have any pain. Doctor said, there is no change in the position of the baby and advised to wait till next day morning. I was under observation whole night. My mother and husband were waiting outside in the night also.

I couldn't sleep that night due to tension. There was another case of delivery in the night. Everything together made me frightened. By early morning 6 am, my doctor arrived again and told still no change. So she asked me not to take any food or water as she is going in for a C-section, as my baby's heartbeat has become slow.

I was put on GA and my daughter was delivered through a C-section by 8.27 am on May 4th.:yes: I saw her after 3 hours and could feed her only after 4 hours. She cried all these time.

Now, my daughter is 3 and a half years. I am frightened even to think of a second child. I feel, I cannot go through all those procedures again. :oops:

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hey cutiepie, kuttigirl,
    How come you are in Indusladies. Hey it is nice to know that a 6 year old girl is actively participating in IL:mrgreen:

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Manju,
    Another premature baby. But infact we dont know the real fact that they are so stong physically than any of us after sometime due to the extra care given to them.

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Your experience is similar to mine, did you see. Dont worry, it is not necessary that we will be going through the same. But having a second baby is good though it is a personal choice too. But I will personally advice you to have another baby, bec any child need a companion as a sibling while growing up. You will realize when they play, laugh and fight in front of your eyes. When they grow up they will take care of each other well.

9. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Rajmi,

It was very interesting to read your story. You showed real courage in facing your first delivery.

Hi Manju,

Your stories were equally interesting. Though I feel bad that you don't get your birthday every year. :-( . But whenever you get it, enjoy it for the past three years aswell.. :2thumbsup: .

Cheers,
    Geetha

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

Actually when my gynec explained me about blue baby, my cousin and her daughter were the only persons flashed in my mind. I have seen the baby suffer and how my cousin was abused by her inlaws for giving birth to such a baby. (They are well educated but still......). As I have already lost my MIL during my 5th month of pregnancy, there was no one to support me in my inlaws side and I thought that it should be me who should be taking the decision. I think these things gave me the courage to face it.

Thanks a lot.