1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder and Joy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Satchi for your sweet words! What else can I say!! Thank you!

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Mindi! Yesterday it was stormy and my DD was watching and not seeing mamma return, she was wondering If mom has taken a vacation (a friend had recently gone leaving her kids behind), if so it is not the right time!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Shanthi! you made my day too with this lovely feed back! You are right, it is amazing to see the babies come out with beaks open at exact times everyday and oh the way momma cleans them....most amazing!

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Pallavi for your sweet feedback!

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank appu for your words and feedback! Truly appreciate it!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Viji aunty!

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Brilliant photography, and really wonderful . How cute they are, and i am sure u and family is watching the progress every day.Ypou are seeing God doing his magic right in front of yr own eyes.

keep us updated please, this is fascinating.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

No better way of putting that across Kamalji! Just perfect!

As for the updates, DD just a few minutes ago showed me how big the first born has become! He/she was sitting on the edge of the nest, wings perched, almost trying to feel how it feels to fly! And is the size of a sparrow now! Soon the nest will be empty kamalji :-( we can see that already! No, I am not complaining....just for a few days had slipped away imagining they are here for ever!

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

I don't know which one to compliment more..your writing or your photography!

I have been seeing some of these wonderful shots even on your FB page and it always brings a happy smile to my face. Truly, your kids are blessed to have gone through this precious experience. Actually, one cannot reproduce with words the immense satisfaction, happiness and excitement such an incident of nature causes. You have done a great job of relating your elation, but feeling it is altogether a different plane!

I know, for we too went through a similar experience some two years ago. There is a rose creeper leaning on to our sitting room window and that's were this young couple decided to build their home!! For few weeks, our heads were turned to this new display of love and warmth just on the other side of the window pane instead of the usual TV! I have written about it somewhere in IL! So I am once again reminded of it. Just like you, we too were careful and walked stealthily without any sudden movements or sound in our living room!

Unfortunately, ours didn't have a happy ending. A big cruel storm visited these parts and a tree or branch broke and so did our rose creeper. It was shaking so badly that the chicks died, one fell to the ground and the nest was all messed up. Believe you me, we were all very sad. It felt like we lost someone very dear to us. The following couple of days was terrible, couldn't even look out of the window! After that, I decided to just delete pictures of that very cute family.:cry: Nature, after all has its own creative and destructive powers I guess.

I am so glad that your little ones are simply thriving and happy. I wish them a very happy flight!:) And to you Sabs, Congratulations for landing in FP forum along with your birdies!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY]
    Thank you Kamla for your feedback and your presence here! I hear you, two days ago there was a storm here and considering that the nest is in a delicate plant, I almost was tempted to go hold an umbrella or atleast tie it to the pole so that the babies are protected. But then I had to console myself thinking that the mom wouldn't have made a nest if she didn't think it was strong enough a place! So I chose to trust and let go but wait I did and watch for the entire of two hours, praying continuosly of course!

[/JUSTIFY]Today I am glad like I said in reply to Kamalji that the first born is as big as a sparrow, wings are ready and perched.

P1220282.jpg P1220257.jpg

[JUSTIFY]
    It is a matter of time before they start flying away one after another! As sad it sounds, I guess it is the nature's way and best to accept and may be even look forward to it! I know the kids will miss them for I see them talking with those babies but then I do realise how lucky we have been to see something so close and thus far and I do tell them the same - I have a feeling they understand it better than me!
    [/JUSTIFY]

2 people like this.