1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder and Joy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY]I hear the alarm go off, I immediately wake up and come down. It is 5 in the morning, as I come on to the last step of my stair way, there is a spring in my step, an anticipation and a joy. Yes, I am happy it is morning and it is time to head out to the gym but that alone is not the reason for all that. As I come in to kitchen to make my morning cup of tea, I think of her and I do not want to turn the light on. So I allow myself to work with the dim night lights, grabbing my cup of tea and just perching myself on the kitchen dining table wondering about her! I hear a bird here and there, but I know it is not yet bright and I do not want to be the one to wake her up. I am a mother and I know what it means. With a smile, all the while staring through the window I finish my tea, make some imaginary conversation and get up to get dressed just as the sun has begun to slowly start coming up! On my way up, I remind my DH who is coming down not to turn the lights on, well at least the kitchen and breakfast ones anyways and head up.

I am only happy to see that he has listened to me. How could he say no? I am so passionate about this whole thing! I see the sky has brightened a little more, more birds are out and chirping. I know in my heart it is just a matter of time and I need to be patient! I am often in the kitchen working at my sink and my heart is not there - I do not want to make noises or move quickly. How can this be happening so close home and at the level where i can constantly see? It is so close, so real can it be really true?

The kids also know what this whole thing means to me. They very well know that they can play on the patio, continue their reading and playing on the swing, sit there but they cannot make any sudden or noisy movements. They know mom wants them to be considerate and respectful and take part in the joy and wonder that is unfolding. They are good kids, they are excited with their mom. They see the twinkle in my eye, the joy in my voice and are infected with the same. Every evening they wait for dad's return only to drag him to the back yard and speak all about it. Dad smiles, listens.

I hear them tell their constant streams of friends going in and out, "Guys, really just be quiet till we reach our swing set" and the whispering continues as they walk in to the backyard. Every child walking in and out my house knows what to do, thanks to the enthusiasm that has spread because of my kids conveying my feelings. Every one knows why that breakfast table is my favorite spot. I can stare at the window, go to the la-la land while taking a break from my studying, yet keeping an eye on the little ones playing and screaming in the back yard - I could not have asked for a better spot. It is an open secret that though the spot has it's incentives, it is the view that has me glued there.

This morning as soon as the kids come down, I tell them still in excitement yet with a slightly hushed tone "Guys it can happen today"! Look she is right there not moving! My DS walks out on to the patio and comes back after 5mins with a "mom, she won't leave! It must be happening. I have not seen anything like this"! Not wanting to be left alone, DD repeats the same and like most things, this ensues a gentle argument as to in whose presence did she stays longer? I leave them to their argument which I know will sort itself out and it sure does.

It is late afternoon, and she has not moved even an inch. It must have happened, finally! We peeked. Was it not at eye level? Why is nothing visible? The ingenuity involved was finally understood by us! We gently climb on to the railings of my patio and peek! YES! there it is! We step back down as gently and quickly! Our joy knew no bounds. We decide the view is best from my DS' bed room window on the first floor. We run up there and peek through the window. There it is! our new born baby Robin and another pretty blue little egg waiting to be hatched! Yes, the kids have called their dad and can't wait to show it to him! We take a pictures and are all still beaming!
    [/JUSTIFY]

P1210951.jpg

View from my windows!

P1210956.JPG

Robin Hatching

P1210993.JPG

The eggs - we believe we could not see the other one from our patio!

P1220005.jpg

Oh the baby!

P1210998.jpg

Now the mommy won't leave the nest :)
    [JUSTIFY]
    Watching that bird build that incredible nest so quickly, so neatly, so beautifully, the eggs coming into place, the mommy bird and daddy bird flying away every morning and returning the evening has been an incredible experience for the past week or so! Now, watching the mommy bird staying glued while daddy goes away after the babies are hatched continues to be as incredible as ever! We had the blessing of having the chance to watch the nest from any point in our home - the kitchen, the breakfast nook, the family room and even from both the kids' windows and we have not missed it!

Thank you for taking time to read our experience![/JUSTIFY]

sm123, Thyagarajan, Afresh and 17 others like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha,

Wow, i love it . it is a amazing feeling to be a part of something like this, you feel so close to nature and so protective and it also brings in a wonderful bond among the family.

right now, i and my son are going ragi,wheat and corn for one of his school project in a sweet box tray..yes in chennai's sweltering heat..and it feels good to see him tending to those sprouts so religiously..

The pictures made my day, and as usual i love your garden.

Thyagarajan, Srama and satchitananda like this.
  3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Wow, sabi dear Loved the pictures..yet to read the post..cant do it now...so I ll give the FB later...

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

That is so lovely experience srama. Gald to read to this.

You are so close and considerate towards the nature.

-Pallavi

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Shanthi for your feedback. A couple of years ago when a storm ruined a robin's nest, it literally broke our heart. So you can only imagine our joy now.

Kids are amazing and I am not at all surprised that your son so lovingly tending to the plants. It is such a joy and I know you have a lot to contribute as a parent for that nature. You must feel so proud of him. Enjoy the growing :)

Thank you for your words about my yard - I debated whether to post or not but that Robin....I had to do it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Prana. No hurry take your time. I am glad you loved the pictures - can't wait to get your feed back!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Pallavi. I am truly grateful for the proximity we have towards the nature and take advantage of it and indeed feel privileged

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

It is indeed a wonder and joy Sabitha!
    Thanks you very much for sharing those precious and beautiful moments with us.
    Are there three chicks and one more egg to hatch? Couldn't tell for sure.
    Lovely to see the red robin and blue eggs.

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Kamala. We think it is two eggs and that baby had just hatched when we took the pictures from inside the window. Probably tomorrow we will see the other baby. That mommy bird is amazing to watch!

10. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful pictures.Blue colored egg!!

1 person likes this.