Women's Dress Code For Interviews In Usa

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vaishnavilakshmi, Nov 22, 2007.

1. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

Iam looking for job in software development field.And i have couple of technical interviews scheduled on friday this week and Monday next week.Iam always in salwars/Jeans till now.What dress or how should i present myself regarding dressing???Where do i have to buy them??Kohls/Macys/Target are very near to my place where i do shopping for my jeans etc.

Kindly respond to me quickly,
    thanks,
    vaishu

2. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi Vaishu,

All the best for your interview !

Well , you can go for nice trousers and a shirt. Maybe be dark colour pants like black ,grey and light colour blouse.
    Now being winter , you can go for sweaters or turtlenecks....that will give you a smart look too.Nowadays you get sweater with white collar and cuff ,that really gives a smart look and goes well with trousers.
    Dont put too much of indian jewellery (like big chains or rings which are too flashy).
    Macys always as very nice and expensive stuffs ...but it is Thanksgiving so you might find good deals.
    Kohls have decent stuff at decent rate ....so it all depends on your budget.
    Some ppl even come in blazers for interview ....that depends on your comfort.

Hope it helps !

Be confident and give your best ...!

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hope I am not too late to respond. I would definitely invest in a good pant suit - preferably dark - either black or blue. Invest in a some nice tops that will coordinate with the pant suit. I have many sleeveless tops - that I can wear - since you are wearing a jacket over the top, no problem that it is sleeveless. Also sleeveless makes it less bulky to wear a jacket. Also, make sure you have matching shoes and handbag. Agree with Rogo - no heavy jewellery or make up. And finally, be yourself - you will come out confident. Good luck and keep us posted!