1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

WomenPreg women taking alcohol and smoking habit

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by deva280579, Feb 26, 2010.

1. deva280579

deva280579 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am from chennai, a week before i went to a pub and i have seen a group of women whom i think celebrating some b'day i think , all womens are having drinks i mean it, like they are taking equally like mens in terms of the drinks and also the quantity, one particular women i have seen she is taking some brandy and also she is continuosly smoking, am really surprised to see how chennai and other cities in india are growing in these kind of culture. even i agree they have equal right what mens have, but i think this is something too much i think.

if a pregnant women takes drinks, was it not bad to her health and also to the new one who is going to c the world in few months /days??

Reg's
    Deva

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

It is equally foolish of a person, man or woman, to smoke. Period. Alcohol - depends on the quantity and frequency and type and how the drinks are mixed. For a pregnant woman, both are a big no-no. You didn't say that anyone in that party was pregnant. Was someone there pregnant? If so, it is incredibly foolish of her to drink/smoke/be around smokers. Clearly, not a very responsible woman. I know women who have had a drink or two during pregnancy with no apparent ill-effects on their babies.

No amount of alcohol has been proven to be safe during pregnancy and exposure to smoke has been shown to possibly result in premature birth and low birth weight.

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

tsk

Its really bad to consume alcohol or tobacco during pregnancy.

It not only affects them but also their unborn baby...