Women Security Android Application

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by vishal21, May 23, 2014.

1. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I created this android application with my friends as our final year B.E project

features :-
    1)The user can add 5 persons in his/her distress list, the application would consist of SOS button. Whenever the user clicks on the SOS button. All the contacts in distress list receive a text message with a link to a map showing the user’s location via GPS.
    2) The application consists of a timer-mode if the user doesn’t reach his/her location on the set time a low level distress message with a link to a map showing the user’s location via GPS is sent to the contacts in distress list.

requirments :-This application works on the following OS

1)Android 4.1.1 (jelly bean)
    2)Android 4.1.2 (jelly bean)

Softwares used

Back end :
    Java
    Android Development tool

Front End :
    File System

note to admins and moderators :- last time i think i created the thread in wrong sections with no anti virus scan report

i just want to share my project and want users to try and use it

i have uploaded anti virus report i have used virus total website for testing the file it consists of all major antivirus software tools and all have found no virus also please check it before downloading and don't delete the thread or ban me i dont have any wrong intention

link of virus scan :- click here

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2014

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Google Chrome complaints after the download with the following message:

"android app.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."

Could you share your source code so people can decide to use it if they are interested?

3. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

what if my source code is sold ? i have not made it patent yet

i will but how will source code show authenticate my project i just fail to understand?..
    in the end you need to download the apk file and you need to download the source ...so you have to "download" an uploaded file in any case so......and zip files are usually considered a threat but they are not the virus scan link speaks for itself but if the moderators insist on source code i wont mind sharing it with them

and how can it be commonly downloaded when i have just now uploaded it here ? thinkingsmiley

its clean sir belive me i and my friends have slogged hard for this project it took us 1 month ...its genuine i have uploaded virus scan report of the file

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. larapowell

larapowell Bronze IL'ite

There is another personal safety app that I have come across called SOS - Stay Safe! It is tuned ON either by shaking the device or pressing the power button thrice. What I like about this app is the fact that the alerts are sent discreetly.

5. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Hello buddy these kinda apps are already available in huge number with different feature set so no one wastes his/her time by trying it out in the form of a third party app

so better try somewhere else
    and congrats for your project

6. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

hi larapowell,
    the app which you have mentioned needs the user to "Shake" the phone
    even my application has a buzzer to "press" and it sends out the exact location of the user to the 5 people in distress contacts list as sms

but then there is an additional mode in my application
    --the time mode

if user does no reach a place in time ( the time and location is set before by the user ..the time is set manually on which she/he generally reaches home or hostel and the location is set by gps ..and stored in safe location)
    now if the user does not reach on the set time on the set safe location "automatically" message is sent to the 5 users in distress list
    so here they don't need to shake or press anything ...because many times there can be certain situations where we get time to do nothing but still exact location of that user will sent (even if the mobile is switched of!!!) this feature is provied only in the android application "the circle of six" which is used mostly in UK and it is a paid application ..mine is a free application and used anywhere :)
    and the message can be accessed on even a simple non- android mobile

only the user who installs the application needs android jelly bean and not the recievers of the location!!!!

so i feel my project is better than this applications and has better features

i would say give it a try 1st and then give a feedback which mostly people dont do

thanks
    vishalfriendssmiley

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  7. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

this is the diagrams of my project without time slot which is present in the app but i forgot to add it in the diagram which i a create before
    i hope this will help users to know more about the working of project and authenticate my attachment which i have uploaded
    :)

added application working diagrams in attachment..

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  8. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

kishoreg,
    the apps are available i am talking about the features with the apps provide cannot match the features i listed
    if there are any such applications which match the features and a mobile location can be tracked even after being switched off and a free app then please share it and write the name of such application.
    Only Moto E and G provide and Iphone give inbuilt protection apps to users and Moto E uses android Kitkat and Iphone as all know IOS ...like i said this application target is only android jelly bean users 4.1-4.3 please read the post nicely before commenting !!
    and compare the features and weather the application is paid or not and then share the application here if you know some .so we can discuss on facts !! ..

9. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

sony xperia series has such built in apps and lot more chinese crap will also have,
    if you r much sure about the project do make it available in the android market register as a developer
    u can earn in that way too and can serve the society too, if your app gets good rating a lot more people will get benefitted rather than trying it out on a forum do in that manner,
    everybody can express his/her own view point
    yes i read and then only commented on it

10. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

why do you feel i am sharing this application to earn money? My application has got 2nd rank award after the GPS profile changer in Information Technology category from COEP college and there are already around more than 100-200 users of the application .....This is a women forum and the application is related to women security so i think there is something in common to sharefriendssmiley i have shared the app on Facebook and some other forums
    I have not shared the application on Google play yet as i will develop it further and then upload it there right now i am working on some other project so not posting the application on Google play
    yes many applications might be having much more better features than this one but its human nature than one has pride in what one has created and i don't find anything wrong in this "innocent pride" gigglingsmiley
    yes i would like to know your views's also my application ...

thanks