1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women of Today!

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Malathijagan, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Thank you Aruna!I am glad you liked my poem and share similar views. I have always had a soft corner for the innocent children and adoloscents. For no fault of theirs, they are bearing the cross for the degeneration in society.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi malathi,

Thanks for not using it..somehow i feel poetry is better form of expression..and it(though i know you used gramattically...) somehow did not gel with what we were discussing..hope you did not mind....

3. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Excellent, Malathy!:clap
    Extremely sorry for the delay .Today only I saw the poem...
    I worked for a few years, but always thought family as my first priority and so preferred to be a homemaker.I love babies and was always glad to spend my full time with them.Just enjoyed bringing them up inspite of many personal difficulties...Appreciate your love and care for children...
    Liked every line and feel of the poem...

4. Malathijagan

Thank you Meena for having read my poem and liked it. Quite a lot of women are realising the value of a close knit families now-a-days. After all, money cannot get us all things that we need. Even climbing up a career ladder to reach the top cannot give satisfaction for a woman unless she is able to get it from a family life. The achievement of a woman is not in how much money she has been able to make all through her life, which, if one has the skill, every Tom, Dick and Harry can make. But bringing up children in the right way so that they are good citizens and good HUMAN BEINGS as well is not an easy task with the most skillful woman too. I can say that a woman who has given one good individual to society has done a thousand more times of gooness to society than who has contributed materially.
    Thanks for the appreciating FB.
    Regards

5. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Quite true Malathy...wellsaid..

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Malathy,
    I totally agree with you.
    We got freedom, at what cost?---the future generation?
    As machines are there to do the manual work, we have free time, which we want to enjoy like working outside and earn money.
    irony!
    This is my opinion, i didn't mean to hurt anybody, who have no other way except to work for their livelihood.

sriniketan

7. Malathijagan

Dear Sriniketan,
    Thank you for having given your views on this most important subject on women today. This poem was just to create an awareness and ring abell of warning to protect and nurture the next generation lest they become morons and robots without feelings. If anybody gets hurt, such people should start realising the negative impacts that is going to be generated. Once again, here, I would like to reiterate that this poem is NOT aimed at the women who take up jobs out of necessity but to achieve financial independence and with compromising on the family front for a high flying career. Sure, women with interest in career can pursue their ambition by making suitable arrangements in the homes like adapting to joint family system etc.
    Thank you and regards

8. sujsree

sujsree New IL'ite

Dear Malathi,
    We can no more be just door mats!
    The taste of success seems so sweet!

These lines are appealing !
    Thanks for a fantastic poetry !

reg,
    Sujatha sreenivasan

9. Malathijagan

Hi Sujatha!
    Welcome to Induladies and this forum! You seem to be new. Thanks for the short and sweet FB. It does cheer us up. Hope to see your participation frequently.
    Love,
    Malathi

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI malathi..

Wonderful poem... i was working before my wedding and that time itself decided not to work after that...so that i can be at home to take care of my kid... its really painful to leave your kids to someone and go... when they cant even tell what they feel or express their feelings in that age... their only expression will be crying...
    this is my opinion... FB's were good...

you are coming out with good sensitve topics...:clap:clap