1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women in Public Life – Inspirations, Hopes & Possibilities

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

2. scarletjones

scarletjones New IL'ite

India is a great country i really love it , rich in heritage and culture a place of palaces and diversity , wanna share a link of a famous art company in United States
    Arts & Learning Conservatory

3. suby

suby Silver IL'ite

Dear Madam,

Excellent article. You may add to the list this year's CA topper, this year's IAS topper and the Indian amputee woman (read my blog "Extra-ordinary woman") who climbed Everest last week.

Unfortunately many women either stop pursuing career or they underperform as they have to manage their family too and also because they do not want to out do their husbands.

regards
    suby

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Suby,
    Thank you for your appreciation. I too have read about these successful women toppers and the amputee woman. It is quite heart warming to see that women can outdo men any field.
    Girls pass percentage in school public exams also is better than boys every year.
    I only wish that women should not take success to their heads and feel superior to men and they should give their due respect to them when they deserve it. Men also should allow women to pursue their career and be supportive to them.
    PS

5. mahvish

mahvish Senior IL'ite

This is really : " GIRLS DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT AS BOYS"
    Teenagers take decision on impulse but they don't foresee the outcome .woman is no way inferior to man but this has to be thought by parents ",
    Youngsters dreams and ambitions they want to fulfill at any cost .parenting is a huge part of their they thought process though.
    Even today in same families girls are treated some what inferior to boys .This impact on their behavior . I am remember This story of Kanak 19 years old girls , who wanted to be a doctor , she was living in joint family with uncle , aunty cousin and grandma, But shes was definitely not getting the equal respect as her brother Kumar was getting ...she was to be a Doctor but she had no support, on the other side .Kumar was not instead in study and was in a gbad company buthe was pampered very much by family members being a boy .she somehow appeared in medical exams and got the scholarship and finally others members convinced kanak's father to let her go to college .in her coaching a boy liked her and a wrote a letter to her , but she said no to him and never crossed the boundariesthat her parents made for her .Kumar on the other hand had morally down friendswho even had bad interesions for kanak, his own sister.They way grew up , Kumar looked down his sister.
    Once Kumar saw that letter and started blackmailing her.out of up bringing and company he let his friends physically his own sister .
    But Kanak couldn't say to anyone in the family because she was scared of their reaction .But she finally did mother

6. mahvish

mahvish Senior IL'ite

Her mother and then everyone got a against her for everythings. They didn't listen to her instead they blamed her for everythings .and one day her own mother poisoned her and took her life to avoid getting in any social situation Kanak' s teachers who believed in her was suspicious about her death and let the police do further investigation PRISON ALONG WITH KANAK' S BROTHER........

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear mahvsh,
    Welcome to IL and thanks for posting your comments. Nowadays educated parents mindset has changed a lot. There was a time when people longed for a male child and kept trying for it. Yet there might be few cases like Kanaka as you have mentioned.But now people realize that daughters are more affectionate and they also take care of their parents.
    I do hope in future our younger generation will definitely give women the due respect and treat them as their equals.
    PS

8. evemore87

evemore87 New IL'ite

you might want to check out my latest dansk blog thanks you :coffee