1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women Have Always Worked Since The Beginning of Time

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Sep 29, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Women have always worked since the beginning of time.

Just because a woman works at home for her family, it doesn't make it less of a job than if she is out of the home and doing work.

Whether it is ironing, sewing, cleaning, cooking, taking care of the children, isn't this work?

Or, if she is programming, troubleshooting, repairing, negotiating, isn't this work?

Women have always been busy since the beginning of time.

Look at our culture, Look at our neighbor's culture, Look at the past, Look at the present.

Nowadays, I feel as if I am being pulled in all directions, yet, I feel this is what is in my nature to do.

At work I sit in front of three computer screens.

Two computer screens help me run Windows OS, and remote into other computers to troubleshoot.

The third computer is a Mac OS where I administer other Mac OS laptops in our corporate environment.

In the middle is a phone where I am resolving an issue with Contractors who provide us with Technical Support on a program that runs on BOTH Windows and Mac.

During my off time, I also study for work-related training, to keep myself informed and competitive in my field.

When I come home, I take care of my family, and tend to their health issues.

Then, I research the best way to Thread and Sugar. By the way, I finally got Gigi Wax Warmer (the type you see at salons), which was roughly $30. Now, I'm waiting for a bulk of Muslin Strips (another $20) to help yank out the hair.

This investment will save the time to travel, and wait for the salon service, plus I can leave the threading and sugaring to tend to other issues that come up at home. And of course, it will save money, because I won't have to pay $60 about 10 times a year.

So, that $50 investment will save me about $600, plus time lost, which is another $200. So $800 for the entire year!!!

Now, I am trying to decide on a haircut that is
    * simple
    * feminine
    * low-maintenance
    * looks good with Salwar Kameez, Saris, etc.

Wrote a post on it (http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/147297-need-simple-feminine-haircut.html)

I must go now....so much to do, so little time :thumbsup