1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women dont get retirement from house work

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 16, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Women retire from office but they don’t get retirement in the house. Some women like to retire from house work especial from the kitchen and sit appada and get work managed by others. But some women whatever age they are they want to do everything in the kitchen , make tasty dishes for everyone right from their spouse till their grandkids. They feel it is their right to run the kitchen , they manage well also , not only they do the cooking they are very good in catering the food to everyone also with their love and affection. So nice to see everyone sitting together and having lunch and the eldest women of the house serving everyone. Some take the help of their daughter in law’s to help them out in serving but some tell everyone to sit and she will serve everyone as she knows the taste of each and everyone.
    My grandmother til she was hale and hearty she only used to do the cooking and my mother used to assist her in the cooking and serving part my mother only used to do it. By 7 a.m. my grandmother’s cooking used to be over in those days when there were no grinder, mixie etc. Those days there was no breakfast 10 a.m. lunch, 2 p.m. coffee with some snacks and night 8 pm dinner and by 10 pm. the lights are off and everyone will go to bed.
    But now a days with many children abroad or staying separately there is not retirement for ladies. Only thing its their pleasure to make tasty food for their husband and they have less work. But they feel sad that when children were there the house was full with their laughter and masti and now the husband will be busy reading paper or any prayer book and she busy with house work , reading prayer book or logging in to the computer.
    For me also no retirement in house work as my son and dil are staying separately. They come home whenever they are free or we go to their house. But when I go to their house my dil never allows me to do any work , so I have rest there. But we don’t like to trouble them always as they are working people and only one day they get rest.
    When I was working my husband used to help me out in kitchen work and many of my friends used to be jealous of me.Now after retirement he does not come to the kitchen and I am the kitchen queen of my house.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You are right 100% Viji.
    Women take pride in their work, isn't it..that's why they don't want to give away the title given by you..'Kitchen Queen'.

sriniketan

3. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Very rightly put in Viji mami !
    Fortunately my DH too helps me which is a blessing in disguise........some poorva jenma punyam !!

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Aunty!

I too concur with your views.

Even when inlaws were there, even if I cook the food, MIL will only serve my FIL. On many days they used to go for walk or to temple and while coming back home, even if it is 10 p,m at night and I have already made chappathis and side dish for them, if they see any fresh vegetable that my FIL likes, they will buy it on their return and she will come and cook that vegetable for him and serve hot hot. This she does even without any murmur becos she enjoys my FIL enjoying and eating freshly prepared food. And all the more, I used to enjoy this behaviour in them so much and used to wonder will I be like this when I am 60+. No chance!!!!

I can cook nicely with whatever is available at home but not at 10.00 p.m. like my MIL.

Very true ladies do not have retirement from kitchen work.

5. iyerviji

Dear Bhargavi

Glad to see you here.Yes dear Women take pride thats why they dont want to give away the tittle. Thanks for you first fb

love
    viji

6. iyerviji

Dear Sudha

Good to know that your DH helps you , my dh also used to help me when I was working. Now he has social work and I dont ask his help also as there is not much work because only we two are there. The neighbours used to envy because he used to help me a lot.

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

Dear Mallika

So sweet of your MIL to cook at 10 p.m. in the night. You are very lucky to have such sweet parents in law

love
    viji

8. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi viji maa. very true. what ever you penned down here is absolutely 100% right. my grand mom used too cook till fews month back. she was not letting us in. but now due to her health i have taken up her job. am completly into kitchen cooking, serving, household work etc etc. am not even going for work for the sake of taking care of my grandparents. i feel very proud of it. hope my kitchen ka hangama continous even after i turn 60 yrs...lol:):):):) and take care of them

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  9. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Bingo ! You hit bullseye with that !
    Men pamper themselves saying their retirement is a precious gift earned by them after long years of service etc. But they never give a thought to women, especially to homemakers who go on doing the daily grind from morning to evening till extreme oldage or illness claims them.No retirement. No pension benefits.For working women, its just transfer from office job to home job.

10. iyerviji

Dear Pavithra

Glad to know that you have taken up the kitchen work from your grandma and you left the job also to help your grandma. Great.Taking care of grandparents is more important. They will bless you for that. I wish you all the best to continue after 60 years also

love
    viji