Woman gives birth three hours after finding she was pregnant

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bhuvnidhi, Mar 10, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Found this very interesting....

Woman gives birth three hours after finding she was pregnant
    Belinda Waite, 21, had been to her local hospital several times during the past nine months and says she was told she had a severe case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and gout.
    In fact she was pregnant with a healthy baby girl who arrived a month ago.
    Miss Waite, known as Billy, from Bampton, Devon, said:"You read about these stories in magazines but you never think they happen to real people and I certainly never thought it would happen to me."
    Miss Waite was staying with her partner Wyane Boyles, 28, when she unexpectedly went into labour.
    Their baby daughter Louise Boyles was born at home weighing 8lb 14oz by Wayne's mum Syliva.
    Miss Waite said:"It was obviously a hugh shock for us all but you have to get on with these things and we are really enjoying it."
    She said she had not felt well for some months before the surprise birth.
    "I did feel like something was moving inside me as the months went on. But I never considered I was pregnant and it doesn't seem to have crossed the doctors' minds."
    Miss Waite went to her local hospital in Tiverton and doctors said it was likely to be IBS.
    On Christmas Day she was taken to hospital again after her hands and feet swelled up and doctors assured her she was suffering from gout or an allergy.
    On February 6th - the night before Louise was born - Miss Waite again went to hospital with pains throughout her body.
    At 10pm doctors confirmed she was three months pregnant - in fact she was nine months pregnant - and Louise arrived four and a half hours later at 2.30am.
    Miss Waite said:"I was really shocked. I don't think Wayne could believe it was happening.
    "We hardly had time to think about it. No one believed us when we told them we suddenly had a child."
    The hospital, run by NHS Devon, have not been available for comment.

Check out this URL:

Woman gives birth three hours after finding she was pregnant - Telegraph

Is this possible?To me it sounds like something impossible and very hard to beleive.I have seen in movies where our village grannies find pregnancy just by holding the wrist of a lady.How can doctors miss this for nine months?And to top it all the doctors said she is 3 mnths pregnant on the day she delivered.:biglaugh:spin

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010

2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

VERY VERY HARD TO BELIEVE THIS!!!

I mean, how come she did not feel any movements or just imagine having 8lbs 14oz baby in her body and can we believe she did not show anything outside.
    My child was 8lbs 8oz and I had HUGE belly showing because of her weight.

I think this is some cooked up story by the media....don't you think so too??...to create some sensation of some sort......may be.

Maybe this lady wanted to have her photo in the morning newspaper like one woman who went for a whale ride in sea world wearing a bikini and her leg was nearly torn off because even the trainers there wear that black dress to make the whale feel secured that it is with some one it is used to be with. This stupid woman jumped in with bikini and was nearly torn dead but luckily saved by other helpers.
    ALL PUBLICITY STUNTS!!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear friend,

It is hard to believe this. It is no that a village girl of very young age without any knowledge got pregnant. How come she as well as the hospital people not realised that it was pregnancy. I dont know.

ganges

4. bhuvnidhi

Adara and Ganges, Yes,I think it is cooked up or probably she was hiding her pregnancy.It is very hard to beleive that she did not know about the pregnancy.Morover she is in UK where even teenage girls will have awareness about pregnancy and stuffs.

But the doctors report is what puzzles me.:bonk

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I too agree with you ladies, how can any one not know when you are pregnant..so when she didnt get her monthly periods she thought its because of this IBS or whatever? And where did those Docs get their degrees from? Even an MBBS guy can say if a lady is pregnant after a check up and here docs wasnot able to??!!!

PS: ILs who stay in the near by area(if at all any are there) better note down the name of the hospital so that you can avoid going there, God knows what all they will diagnose when we go there with a mild flu LOL:rotfl

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  6. websys

websys New IL'ite

Its a common sense that this can never happen. Even if there is a small tumour, one comes to know about it. An it takes a whole lot of time for a baby to take birth. Moreover, there are obviously other symptoms. So, either she is abnormal or its a media cooked-up story. :rant

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

This is indeed amazing!!! I agree with you all ladies. How come she don't know she is pregnant.:hide:

8. bhuvnidhi

Yes, Ladies!It is unbelievable.On top of all this the report claims that the doctors said she was 3 mnths preggy when she delivered...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Ami, that was humorous...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  9. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior IL'ite

Hai Friends,

Not sure to believe or not, just wanted to share about pregnancy of my aunt.

2 years after her first delivery, my aunt started gaining a steady weight and looked bulgy. Everyone in family thought of getting regular check up done for her.

And was shocked to hear that she was in her seventh month of pregnancy, inspite of having peroids in that month also. she delivered a baby with out even a single sign of pregnancy. no morning sickness, regular periods, not felt any movement of womb...

BTW, Good Suggestion, Ami.

10. pstar

pstar Junior IL'ite

Ya, just to add my two cents..although the story does sound very unbelieveable, even one of my family friend had the same experience.

She was growing heavy, and she never had a regular period cycle ( would miss them for months altogether)...well, since she thought she was gainign weight, went to the gym, started dieting...and she gaining weght to the extent that after a few months, the gym guys told her to stay at home and continue with exercise at hom LOL ( cos they could see her only gaining not losing weight)...well, what to say, she used to have hot water baths,and put hot water bag on her stomach thinking all the rumbling was GAS!!!
    Well, what to say ( and let me tell u she was already a mother to a lovely daughter, for which she had to rely on medication for the first pregnancy) one fine day while lying down with a whole bottle of hot water rolling on her stomach, she had a feeling that something was moving inside her tummy...well, they rushed to the hospital to know -7 months pregnant...hahahahaa

Well, then she prayed every day for the health of her baby-excessive stomach exercise, stomach rolling on the exercise ball, hot water bottle!!!.....and now shes got a lovely boy-only he's super duper hyper active ( which she thinks is thanks to her active gyming while pregnant)Harhar