Woman fends off bear with a zucchini

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Sriniketan, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

A women in Montana was woke by a tussle at the backyard of her house in Frenchtown, only to see a 200 pound bear attacking one of her 2 dogs, a 12 year old collie.
    In order to divert the bear from attacking the dog, she stood at her back door and screamed at the bear. Then the bear charged at her and tried to enter through the back door and swiped her with its paw and tore her jeans.
    It is at this time, a 12 inch zucchini (related to the cucumber family) harvested earlier the day, came in handy and she threw it at the bear. The animal fled after it hit its head.

After reading this incident, I am reminded of a similar scene, which people would quote to show the bravery of our womenfolk, from our Tamil literature, that 'woman fended a tiger with a winnow':thumbsup

sriniketan

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010

2. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

I read a similar incident somewhere which happened in India.

In the wee hours one day,a man woke up to go to toilet. He opened the bathroom door only to find a leopard in there (in villages the toilets are not in the house but outside) :crazy

he immediately used his presence of mind and locked the bathroom door and awakened the neighbours,who inturn alerted the forest officials. Thus no one was injured and forest officials transquilised the leopard and took it away. :hide:

imagine in your sleep u go to use the toilet and find a wild cat in your bathroom....:drowning

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  3. Sriniketan

Sweety,
    What a presence of mind he had even when the villager was half-sleep...:bow to him.
    It is also nice to read that the neighbours alerted the forest officials, instead of taking sticks on their own hands.:thumbsup

sriniketan

4. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

yea probably i wud have just stood there staring at it in shock... :shaking:

5. Sriniketan

Haha..Sweety, I would have done the same thing too...staring at it in shock :biggrin2:

sriniketan

6. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

I would have screamed and made the animal shudder!!!;-)

7. Sriniketan

Ish,
    you would have done that...as your signature supports it too! :)

sriniketan