1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wives Of Mamma's Boys

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by newwife, Apr 29, 2016.

1. newwife

newwife Bronze IL'ite

This thread is for Wives of Mamma's boys....please share your stories.

Specifically, did things ever change for you? After how many years into marriage did things change?
    How/why did your husband start standing for you?
    What strategies did you use to cope/ultimately win husband over?
    How did you take control of your life?

Just wondering if there is any hope, or is it a life long losing battle.

2. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I thought mine is complete mumma's boy. Realized that its my perception later..

Specifically, did things ever change for you? After how many years into marriage did things change?

The same way I get irritated cuz of MIL, he also started getting irritated.
    I would say 3 years he was mumma's boy(or I thought so..cuz suddenly she came into our life after 2 years of our wedding and started staying with us). DH had to give her attention as well. But that too much of attention started giving him headache.

What strategies did you use to cope/ultimately win husband over?

I used to take everything to heart initially, but started ignoring MIL off late and maintaining formal relation. So, its not like winning husband, but maintaining peace at home. I think thats a win-win situation for me and him.

How/why did your husband start standing for you?

He started ignoring his mom for small things and started staying neutral. He still doesn't support me. As long as he stays neutral, half the battle is won. If he supports me in front of her, she might resort to other tricks.

How did you take control of your life?
    I would argue during fights and make my stand clear until they understand. My MIL and DH has high pitch voice. And mine is really low. However, I would keep talking with a neutral and casual face and give ample amount of examples until they understand. Eventually they get tired and stop. Now before starting any fight, they know that I won't give up easily. Also, anything related to MIL, i tell my H to do it as I want to avoid conflicts. I believe eventually mumma's boys tone down, but the point is will it improve the wife-H relation cuz many years would have passed by then?