1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

With Or Without

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

With or without:
    As we got down from the auto, felt like having a hot drink and then move further in our journey, the tea shop swarming with the morning crowd with papers in hand and the smoke bellowing from the background.

The tea shop fellow, nothing seems to go amiss in his vision, he kept screaming with or without? And people kept saying without or with whichever is suitable to their needs, my wonder increased when my turn came and I asked what? Sugar madam what else was the reply. Yeah! Right you are, with this wherever I went I knew this is going to be an introduction, what were those days, with none of these diseases and we just could order anything under the sun and enjoy.

My friend mr.raja, when he came, my daughter asked sugar or fructose now what is that asked raja, uncle, the sugar for diabetic, and when served he appreciated took down the name, and said I love this sweet coffee first thing in the morning and now I know how to get my sweetness.

I carry my bottle if the holiday is long, I love my morning coffee a little sweeter, and if the fructose is not there then my morning is a little low,
    Who does not have diabetic is a common statement my friend says, for years together people have lived with this, so with or without is also a diabetic formula to reckon with….sunkan

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey sunkan,

I don't mind drinking coffee without sugar at all...learnt it the hard way giving my MIL company...because she was diabetic..and was irritated if we gave her coffee without sugar...though we used sweeteners sometimes...

Diabetes is a very common malady. before it was one in a hundred..now it is 1 in 10 have diabetes or the risk...

it is better to learn to drink without sugar than the artificial sweeteners which are also actually harmful in the long run..

again this is My 2cents

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

As Sunkan said diabetes is on the increase these days.My mother in law does not sugar in her cup of coffee .She is doing it since she was 20 years old even though she is not diabetic.My sister who has diabetes since 1989 takes coffee and tea with little milk.Hers was drug induced diabetes.In the morning her sugar level is 60 and by mid morning it is 350,then it goes back.There is up and down swing the whole day.She takes insulin twice a day.She has been managing it all these years with regular food ,exercise.Now she says she has got used to sugarless food and she likes it.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

My aunt will be always on the safer side--less sugar, less salt and less oil eventhough their family did not suffer from any of the related diseases.
    I have already reduced my intake of sugar in the 'kanji' i take in the morning and am used to saltless food, which tastes good (as we are used to it, i suppose) because my mil is advised by my husband to use less salt and as I am lazy to add salt and keep it separate, the question with or without relates to salt or no salt.
    But we add either pickles or papads to the saltless food is another story.
    sriniketan

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

I take tea/coffee, as it is served... I dont like to add sugar or any thing... When you add, then you lose the original taste...

Since Shan is more worried about diabities and all, i will get with half sugar only... No choice, has to live with it and got used to it... Yes, agreed it is for my health only....

But :coffee when you have it in a relaxed time.... it is heavenly......

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

my fructose got over,
    developing a new habit of enjoying without it and i must say the coffee is good..sk

7. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi
    It has been such a family property in ours, that my older son and his cousins feel that they should start taking less sugar and is advising me to reduce his brother's (who is only 8)intake of sugar so he gets used to sugar less . Vendiya podi has become a integral part in pour family.

I also feel sugar free and other substitutes might be harmful if used for a prolonged period

8. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi
    sorry about that smily thing it is supposed to be eight years, for those wondering what that is doing there. I am not very familial with smileys.
    uma