1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

With malice to none!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jul 23, 2013.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I would like to share some of my views and perceptions on different subjects. Please take it as my personal views and you have every right to differ and welcome to put forth your views.

Bringing up children

Nowadays people wish to have only one child and few may prefer to have two children. The reason they tell is that they can give more attention and a better quality of life. My parents had five children, we have three children and my children have two children. That's fine and I do not find any fault in this.

Those who have one child (not all the parents) pamper the child too much and get the child spoiled. On the other hand too much of control and bullying also will spoil the child. A child should be given freedom like a cow which is tied to a pole, but could move to certain distance freely. A child should be given freedom to mix with other children. The child should not be bound by status symbol and be advised to mix only with equal status children. It doesn't mean that they should fall into bad company by keeping friendship with spoiled children.

Children should be taught to eat on their own after at least when they complete three years. They should be introduced to all types of healthy food at the young age. I have seen mothers spoon feeding teen age children. Love and affection should not be a hindrance to the children in fulfilling their basic needs and make them dependent on parents for each and everything.

Parents should help children by promoting moral action through self-discipline, good work habits, kind and considerate behaviour to others, and community service. Normally children look up to their parents as their roll models. Make it a point not to quarrel before children or abuse anyone. Children observe and absorb from childhood and so it is easy to tune our children if we are careful in our behaviour.

A boy and girl should be treated equally and also household chores should be taught to both of them. Teaching them to Cook simple food is also essential.

Nowadays children are exposed to many good and bad things due to the invasion of technology. Hence parents should be alert and make them understand the moral and immoral activities. When children ask questions parents should answer them and clear their doubt. If they do not know the answer they should tell them that they will find out the answer and tell them later.

Parents should never compare the children with siblings or friends. Each child has got its own limitations and interests in different subjects. Parents should encourage if they find an inborn talent in the child and let it blossom. Most of the parents try to make the children learn what they desired, but missed in their childhood.

The saying "Spare the rod and spoil the child" denotes that children need to be punished for wrong doing. Nowadays children are very sensitive and they do not like to be reprimanded in front of others. We need lot of patience and tactics to handle them.

Children who are spanked or undergo strict punishment like locking them up in a room either become unruly:rant in later years or lose their self confidence. A child is a precious soul, to be brought up with love and discipline to know right from wrong, but there are limits to the disciplinary practices to be taken. With love, forbearance and moderate disciplinary action a child could be corrected.

Spend quality time with your children to make them feel loved, wanted, worthy and build their self-esteem so they go out to face the world with confidence!

Have a happy parenting!:)

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

3. ixiaina

ixiaina New IL'ite

I AGREE WITH YOU

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I totally agree with you aunty :)

Sunitha!! I am awed by how you come up with such apt pics!! fantastic!!!!

Akila

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sunitha,
    wow!You have made my day with your comments and the beautiful and apt quote with picture. Thank you!
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear ixiaina and Akila,
    Thanks to both of you for supporting my views.
    PS

7. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you aunty, rgs and akila:)

8. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. What is there to disagree with? I was really fortunate to be brought up by parents who followed most if not all the tenets you provide.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Bharadwaj,
    Thanks for your fb! My children were brought as I have mentioned above and they are also following the same in bringing up their children.
    You were lucky to have nice parents!
    PS

10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Dearest aunty,

I just started reading your blog now and your have blown me away (in a good way) with this post! It is so full of love and wisdom.

We are blessed with a 2.5 year old little girl, who is lovely but has her moments like any other toddler. We strive to maintain a balance - pampering her without spoiling her. Your post really reinforces to me to be a gracious, patient parent. Thank you, aunty.

Congratulations on your great grand daughter. :)

love,
    G