1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

With God's blessings, luck and hard work anyone can come up in life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 9, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Those who do not study or those who are naughty during childhood grow up to be the best in life. My brother was also very naughty during childhood and was not much interested in studying. In his teenage he was very fond of going tomovies and he used to go for the first show on Fridays. We both were very close and the youngest children. Due to financial problems he could not be put in English medium and he studied in Hindi Medium and he was very good in speaking Hindi and writing Hindi. He studied only upto X std.

It was difficult to get a job for him. Through my boss I could get a job for him in our Depot in Calcutta . He joined there as Godown Clerk. Since he was in his twenties at that time I was scared to send him alone to Calcutta. But my boss told me if you keep him in your pallo he wont grow up. Let him learn to be independent and told dont worry our office people will take care of him. That was a good turning point in his life. He worked hard there. Seeing his work he was transferred to another place. Later he became the Depot Manager through his hard work. I was so happy with his promotion. He also got married and got a good wife who was none other than my dh's niece and they were made for each other. In the beginning she knew only Malayalam and Tamil but staying in different places she learnt Hindi and learnt cooking North Indian as well as South Indian dishes. She was very good in doing embroidery etc.

Since one by one the Depots were getting closed he had to be transferred to two three places and finally he settled in Lucknow. As a Depot Manager he had many problems because of the marketing people but he never gave up and his problems were solved. They had a comfortable life and when our Company was taken over by another Company he took VRS and came to Bombay. He has two daughters and both are married and well settled. He became grandfather before 60 yrs and his wife before she was 50 yrs.

After taking VRS also he did not keep quiet and became Insurance Advsor and doing very well now . Because of his hard work and accepting the challenges of fulfilling the activities in Insurance he got opportunity to go abroad twice. This only proves that in childhood we dont know anything and with their luck and hardwork they can be successful in life

4 people like this.

2. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

dear viji madam,

well said... it is not necessary to be a graduate to succeed in life... every human can attain their desired position if they work hard and plan properly... With patience, perseverance, self confidence and trust on God almighty one can deserve anything in the world........ i am a silent reader of your snippets. today i got a chance to post my comment here.......

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shinara dear welcome to my thread. I am also not a graduate though I wanted to become a graduate. But through God's blessings and hard work I joined as a Typist and after 6 yrs was promoted as a Steno, then after eighteen years was promoted as Senior Assistant which I never expected and worked as Senior Assistant till I retired. On the whole I worked for 38 yrs. Thanks for stepping in with your fb

4. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Viji mam thanks for your warm welcome. i got placed in a IT firm in my UG. but i was a kind of girl who have never ever gone anywhere out of my town ( or it may be village) so i denied my offer. and now after my post graduation again i got placed in a MNC but still i don't have courage to face the corporate world. so denying my offer by all the ways..... All we need is self confidence, which i lack..... i have seen some of my friends who are not even 25% of me in studies, skills and etc.. are surviving in their jobs. But i don't know why can't i???

1 person likes this.
  5. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

hi mam,
    A good snippet its not because of his luck alone his hard work dedication and self confidence helps him to attain good position. My best wishes for your brother to live happily for ever

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shinara dear you should never miss any opportunity thats my opinion and you are well educated. So have confidence in yourself and take up the job. In the beginning you will not have courage but slowly you will have confidence in yourself and earn a good name int he Company. Once you get into the job then it will be easy to gain confidence and with your hard work you can be successful in your job. All the best to you and God bless.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Revathy dear thanks for your best wishes

8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Not all people are that kinder, even towards their sibilings Vijima. I am happy that you did provide the break that he needed at the right time. Kudos to his hard work and his family for making the best out of themselves. And just wanted to write this as a summary:

What you were while you are born
    May not matter beyond a point.
    What you are should bring a dawn
    To others too, thats the point.

Through your sheer hard work
    And that odd slice of luck,
    You can be someone worthy too.
    Cheer up! Mourning will never do!

You may not have all the money.
    You may not even have a degree.
    But if your resolve is too strong,
    It will not take you that long

To reach the top, I know you will!
    Gear up and start working now!
    Prepare yourselves fully well
    And go for something that you love.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks RGS dear for your fb and also for your appreciation. I did what I could do for him as a sister but happy that with his hard work he was successful in life. Thanks for the lovely poem. I feel proud to have a brother like him.

10. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Mam ,
    That was an inspiring snippet.
    Thanks for sharing it.

1 person likes this.