1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

With appreciation we get encouragement

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 2, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

There are so many different kinds of people in this world. Some wait for appreciation, some dont bother.

Here in IL when we write a new thread, till we get a fb we are not sure whether the thread is good or not. It might not be the case with everyone, some like me wait for the fb immediately after writing, though all my friends have said that they are ready to read whatever I write. Its because of the love they have for me they say like that. Whatever feelings I get I like to put it in writing and get everyone's views from which I am able to learn so many things. I have seen some who post the thread and log off. I have no patience. FBs are feast for me.

Same way at home also some women wait for appreciation from their husband in whatever they do. Some husbands appreciate their wives but some do not. The men whose mothers are good cooks usually dont appreciate their wives as they feel their mother only cooks well.

I know a person whose mother is a good cook and she learnt from her mother in law who was an expert. But this person always used to like his grandmother's cooking only and always appreciate his grandmother. After marriage his wife was just a learner in cooking. She wanted to do variety of cooking and please her husband but due to nervousness something or other used to go wrong. But she used to do variety of dishes, sometimes they used to come out well, sometimes not so good. Only once in a bluemoon he used to appreciate her cooking. Once he said I used to have such delicious food when I was with my mother, now I am missing all that. For that his wife said God must have cursed you that you should not get a wife who cooks well as you always used to say that your grandmother's cooking is good compared to your mothers. Now because my cooking you dont like you say your mother used to cook well.

Those who are perfect in everything dont get a husband who appreciates and some husbands are there who though they dont appreciate they atleast dont find out mistakes also. Anyway by mistakes only we learn and try to do the best.

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Appreciation is very important in people's lives. Although other people may appreciate us, we are likely to be very disappointed if the husband is not among them. If the husband gives his wife the attention she needs, the affection she longs for and the appreciation she deserves, then he is definitely going to make her happy.
    with love
    pad

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Appreciation may be a simplest act but it can make an enormous difference, and as you said we get encouragement, that can boost the talent in us. I really appreciate your love towards writing........ keep writing dear.
    Its ok to do mistakes........everyone do this. Learning from mistakes will make us refined.
    One more good post. :thumbsup

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

So true Viji,

in most families, husbands do not show their appreciation if everything is good, they just take it for granted. But they will become very articulate and vociferous even if there's a small slip up !

Of course within a family too much formality is not necessary, but it wouldn't hurt if once in a way, a word of appreciation is dropped . This goes for both the spouses.

Another fine thought from you :thumbsup

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear viji mam

I wanted to tell you this for long, that i love to read all your post, but with the frequency in which it comes, i miss some of them.:).

How much you have to write, vow that is really superb, and with simple way u present ur ideas. It means u are a natural born writer.

Like TL said, here we have to search for what to write:hide:.

My DH is one of them, who doesnt know how to apprecaite, but he will never pick up the mistakes also. So now i am used to it, but as you said once in a while a dose of appreciation may bring more joy in ur life.

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear viji,

Absolutely right. Appreciation gives you confidence and makes you more perfect. Appreciating somebody is an art and not all the people are having the mentality to do.

ganges

7. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

True Viji.

Appreciation gives you the energy to effortlessly put in that

extra mile and take you closer to the pinnacle of success sooner !

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

very true viji !

who doesnt need appreciation? but this goes for both husband and wife .without taking each other for granted if we can genuinely appreciate each other ,life would be just great.

same goes with friends too.... if we like something in them it is nice to let them know and bring happiness to them.:) and of course you are always the first one to do that.:thumbsup

9. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Appreciation is a way of howing someone our love!!!It makes one feel elated and boosts their morale.
    Your write up on appreciating wife's cooking very thoughtful. In those days it was understood(?) that food is good when the men folk go for a second helping of a dish. But telling the wife' " sambhar tastes very good or the payasam taste is till lingering" goes a long way... sure is remembered more than a nagai or pattu pudavai!?!

Regards,
    Viji

10. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Right viji aunty, FB's is the form of appreciation in IL and i love to read them.... I love to give them also. Because i feel when we post a thread or display our craft in IL its because we want others to see and enjoy and appreciate us. I dont miss a chance to type my views.