1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Witchy Woman and Harper Key Lime Pie

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jul 29, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Here comes another one....

Gerald took a deep breath as he took out the keys and opened the door to his house.

"Sweety must be at the computer. I'll tip toe in and not ask her anything", Gerald thought to himself.

Sweety, his wife of 5 years was having mood swings. Few nights ago when she burnt dinner, she cried uncontrollably. Gerald did her best to console her, but words couldn't reach her.

Gerald closed the door behind him very slowly, but it was too late, it made a sweeky sound that Sweety was able to hear.

"Hey Giraffe, you home? Can I get you anything," asked Sweety.

"No honey, I've got it", Gerald replied, trying not to show his nervousness.

"Are you sure?", asked Sweety.

"Honey, I'll be fine", Gerald replied, trying to get away from Sweety before saying anything that may upset her.

"Well, when would you like dinner", asked Sweety.

"Oh no", Gerald thought. "Now she'll start stressing again. She's going to hate what I have to tell her."

"Sweety, let's visit mom. Get ready in about an hour. It'll be good if you get out of the house. You've been working awfully hard", replied Gerald as firmly as he could.

By now, Gerald's face was red and he was beginning to sweat.

"Oh no, see what I've done to my Giraffe", Sweety thought. "God blessed me with a wonderful husband, and I've been torturing him."

"Ok Giraffe, I'll get ready", replied Sweety.

"Gosh, I hope FIL doesn't start proselytizing again, telling me I'm going to Hell if I don't repent and follow Jesus Christ", Sweety thought.

"In God we trust, In God we trust", Sweety kept telling herself over and over.

About 2 hours later at Gerald's parent's home.

"How was dinner, Sweety", Gerald's mother asked.

"It was wonderful, Mrs. Harper", replied Sweety.

Mrs. Harper left for the kitchen.

"Dear God, I hope FIL doesn't start proselytizing again", Sweety thought.

"So how is your family Sweety, have the visited the Golden Temple lately", asked Mr. Harper, Sweety's FIL.

"Oh yes, they plan on visiting India in a few months", replied Sweety.

Suddenly, Sweety smelled the most wonderful fragrance.

Mrs. Harper came out of the kitchen with a pastry Sweety never saw before. It had the most wonderful fragrance.

"Now Sweety, you need to get some meat on your bones, thought I would prepare Key Lime Pie, especially for you", said Mrs. Harper.

Sweety was taken aback.

"Mom used to make this when I was a child", said Gerald.

Sweety had some Key Lime Pie.

Mrs. Harper insisted Sweety have another slice.

Sweety had more Key Lime Pie.

Sweety started to relax and feel comfortable. About an hour later, Sweety asked to lie on the couch.

"Mom, it never fails", Gerald told his mother.

Generation after generation, the Harper Key Lime Pie test always came through.

Any lady from the Harper family who falls asleep after eating the Harper Key Lime Pie must be pregnant!

2. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Cute and Interesting story...narration is vey good. well done

3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha... Interesting climax

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Z,

Ended well and it was very interesting too. Nice Z. Pls do post more I felt i was with them and listening the conversation.

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

I liked it too! Short and yet gave me a glimpse into each character's mind! Please keep writing more of these! :)

6. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I'm really glad you like my stories!