Wish to buy a dishwasher: How compatible is it to Indian lifestyle?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by parool, Sep 20, 2012.

1. parool

parool New IL'ite

Hey, i am newly married and working too. Due to unmanaged life and time issues, was planning to buy a dishwasher. I just wanted to know if the dishwasher can be used for daily usage or may be twice a day? What is the min. number of utensils one can put for wash for a single wash?

2. manvijoshi

manvijoshi New IL'ite

Hey Parool,
    One can use number of times one requires and depending on the wash cycle, it may take between 30 minutes to 2 hours to clean and dry the dishes. During this time, you do not need to be around the dishwasher as it goes through all steps of the washing programme automatically and it is safe to leave it operating alone.

3. loveymiller

loveymiller Senior IL'ite

Sure, You can go with a dishwasher. You really worth it. Its a time saving machine. All the work is automatically done by it.

4. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

I don't like washing dishes so love dishwasher. It is good for plates, cups, spoons, small to medium pans but not so good for big ones. Some dishes might have to rinsed before loading them.

I (family of 4) have always been able to load almost of the utensils after a proper dinner. I use them once during weekdays (none of us have lunch at home during weekdays) and maybe twice a day on some weekends.

Overall it does reduce the time and effort required to do the dishes and I feel that dishes are much cleaner. I say you go for it...

5. bhuvanhan

bhuvanhan Silver IL'ite

Hi parool,

I have being using IFB for the past 3 yrs regularly. Its too comfortable, I do dishes twice a day once i the afternoon and once at night after dinner.. It is a matter of habbit, once you start using it, you will not like any maids work. Just rinse the vessels as and when you use them and place it in your DW, this helps you in saving time and you have to just switch on your machine when you Are leaving for office... Just try it. You would love it....