1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Misty Morning, Lazy Surroundings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

<o:p></o:p>
    It is again that time of the year to sit around laze as there is not enough sun to give you the boost needed to run around, something hot all the while sipping slowly as the mist come down and push you over to get something warm to wrap around and the lay back attitude.. with bonfires to keep the slum dwellers warm, sometime the tyres are being burnt anything to keep them from chilling away...
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Some of us do not even want to get out of our cozy world inside the heavy quilt in the morning which gives one a shell like feeling to slumber in cuddled state with pillows anything soft to keep you company.
    The world too sleeps during this time, may be that is why all religion follow a very pious month during this time to pray a lot and keep vrata and follow simple diet void of onions and garlic and so on, some vegetables are also a no no here. To keep awake the crowd to have bath early in some places in cold water to wake you and be brisk, pray of course to clear the mental cob webs and make u concentrate more.
    As I browse through many blogs like how one see the mails I find during the month of December people tend to write more about death, is it something connected to the eerie atmosphere that sets in winter, which sends the spine chilling feeling raising the sinister feeling giving way to creepy thoughts about death.
    When the spine chills to many it is the ever aching time of joints and cold and cough go around a lot giving rise to thoughts about the well being of near and dear ones, the youth is always waiting for the wonderful winter to booze and enjoy with woolen wrapped all over racing through the mist….or does the misty arms stretch to hold on to say! beware death is around the corner….

sunkan
    <o:p></o:p>

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow That was a nice one on winter Sunkan. It is so cold here at present, it really makes you feel lazy. Just wear all possible warm clothes. Just watch TV or be on the laptop, don't even want to type hands are so cold. I just imagine how people might be staying in snowy region. Wish someone gives hot food and drinks where we are sitting, but unforunately that is not possible.
    Just waiting when the winter will be over. Keep the heater on, after sometime you start feeling so stuffy............O.M.G.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yeah aruna,
    this time bangalore has gone back to many years ago kind of atmosphere the chillness is too high and not comfortable and i feel i am in kolkata instead of bangalore.

in kolkata u feel this bite and u need to snuggle into anything u get, other wise the skin get pinched, and these bonfires are all over, what with winter atmosphere not allowing the smoke to move.
    you have a very highly polluted atmosphere and asthma on the prowl, to attack any new lungs available here...sunkan

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

margazhi thingal paada
    kolatta kummi adikka
    naattupura kalaigal
    seevi mudithu singaram kolla
    mettu kulirum
    pathungi pathungi
    eritha chulligal
    sugam thara...
    eno ninaivugal
    kadai pathai nokkum...?
    thulli thulli manathu
    thulla
    vidiyume..puthithaai
    varudamum...

sathya

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

as usual nice poem dear..sk

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

This time of the year with the cold winds..maybe even snow in some places..the frost..you have written so well Sundari dear..It is so difficult to get up and out of bed aNd get going..thank god i have my husband who is a compulsive early riser and he is the kind soul who brings me coffee in bed..for some reason we had been having very unseasonal warm weather till yesterday..from today the cold has started..as I grow old my bones are also aching like a knee pain that I have..thanks for writing a good one..which I can read drinking hot cocoa..

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

great AC,
    yeah when my guy was around my afternoon coffee was always on time and he would wake me up after the afternoon siesta but now am unable to sleep beyondthe 30minutes i get up like a spring, and when i see the time, oh! come on what is the hurry, but no sleep would be my pal here...
    yeah! cold and knee pain always hand in glove, so u need to work out a lot for this, try sitting inside hot water in the tub if you have for some time then, pour chilled water for a second over the knee, then put back into hot water, this helps for some, catch hold of your heel with a thumb and forefinger untill u feel the pinch this helps to releive the pain in the knee...sunkan

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here too the atmosphere is fully polluted sunkan.

9. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,

That was a cozy winter post to read from Hot-Steaming polluted Chennai ;-)
    That takes me back to the cold winter days of Germany.....and yes I hated them and was always in need of sun. But now, being in Chennai....thought crosses....would be good to feel the pinch of a cold air at least once in a while. So have my Air Condition switched on.....to feel it a bit like winter!!

Cheers
    Jenz

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear jenz but i hear it is stormy now may be god has answered ur prayers and showers would be great now there, cooling u mind and body..enjoy sunkan