1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winter days!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by puni88, Nov 16, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nivedi,
    Yeah we are lucky that we don't live in Iceland or Holland.

~Punitha

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone

I love winters too, but here in phoenix, the temp is still in the range of 70's only and it never snows here... but we do get affected (with the cold wave) when it snows in the northern parts of AZ like Flagstaff and Grand Canyon... The sun is setting here around 5:40 ish....

I like Rain and Snow soo much but here we dont get any of those... it will get very cold in dec and jan and will be cold till april... But it is just like Delhi and any other north Indian state, in a way it is great, in fact we dont even have any day light saving here in this state.

Still the cold has set in and it is sort of a mixed feeling, you like it for some reasons and you dont like it for some reasons...

~Abha

3. puni88

Hi Abha,
    I am happy that you love winters!!
    Phoenix is not cold at all..
    I hate most during mid of jan to mid of march when temp goes minus.

~Punitha

4. Jayalakshmiraj

Jayalakshmiraj New IL'ite

Winter in South India especially Hyderabad is lovely. The temperature is moderate for most of the days. the mornings are cold..(11C sometimes). The day time is good for shopping eating out, sight seeing and entertaining. The flowers are in bloom, the gardens are full of people and the night is nice and nippy. The roadside eateries do good business of "Mirchi Bajji" which is unique in taste!.And not to forget the Irani chai with it.. mmm lip smacking.. Please plan a visit to Hyderabad in winter and enjoy!

Ia m writing this sitting in US and feel what am I doing in this cold weather!. I am already planning what to do next winter in Hyderabad

5. puni88

Hi Jayalakshmi,
    You are really tempting me.
    I miss India so much

~Punitha

6. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Yes punitha,even i feel boston winter is v severe..:shaking:
    It gets dark so soon and when I out shopping at evenings i feel what am i doing here at midnight!!!
    After reading all these posts even I am feeling like munching something hot hot...
    But what ur kid said was so cute...what do kids know abt season changes and sun setting early...so sweet and innocent..:kiss

7. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Punni,

your son is really cute with his questions.

i hate winters in this part of the world. so boring and its like house arrest for people like me who stay at home.
    my favourite season is winter when am in India and as Padma mentioned i love getting up early going to the temple for Andal Tirupavi and eating the very hot and sweet pongal and then after coming home busy keeping the Rangolis
    ohhh i miss those days!!!!!!!!!!

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a nice one puni88. hahahaha here to it gets dark fast my son is a teen but he feels 7pm is to late and want to have his dinner and go off to sleep. He says mom now a days you are finishing your cooking very late, I just sit and give him a smile and tell him to have a look at his watch.
    Wow having all these stuff during winter MY GOD i miss all that really tempting.

9. puni88

Hello Suhimallige,
    Thanks for sharing your views and experiences.

~Punitha

10. puni88

Hi Aruna,
    Its nice to know that its gets dark around 7.00pm at EGYPT.

When I was sharing my son's statement at office, one of my team member said that his daughter went on to sleep immediately after she was picked from day care because it was already night.

~Punitha