1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winter days!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by puni88, Nov 16, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,
    Everybody knows that during winter time we have shorter days and longer nights except my 4 yrs old.
    He is been noticing that I am picking him up from late from his after care program from past couple of weeks. All of a sudden he said to me that "Mommy you don't love me anymore", I asked him what makes him to say that, he said "I am picking him up very late at night time because I don't love him anymore".
    I felt happy by his words and mean time I started explaning about winter days.
    This is Kid's story.

Coming to elders: we feel more depressed, as soon as you get out of office, its dark.
    It looks like you come home at mid night or so.
    Its getting colder too... you don't feel like doing work at home, just want to eat and sleep(but who will cook for us).
    Don't see people moving outside, we need to pack ourselves with layers of clothes (no need of waxing during winter :) ).
    On top of all these things, I miss Indian Chaats (pani puri, bhel, masala puri)
    Just waiting for this winter to pass....

~Punitha

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007

2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi puni,
    Just had a hearty laugh after reading what your kid said...some times kids are so cute..with their little brains that's how they think I guess...
    even I don't like winter, this is the only season I don't like it here as we have four seasons here..
    Tulasi

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hey Puni and Tulasi,

Why don't u come to Florida and visit me here. I will give u some sun and u can give
    me some snow perhaps for a day....just kidding. Puni your son is so cute.

4. puni88

Hello Madhu,
    We are planning to visit Florida next spring.
    Hope to meet you there.
    Thanks for inviting.

~Punitha

5. puni88

Hi Tulasi,
    You are right, kids talks are so cute....
    I feel bad that I would miss all those cute talks, hugging, kissing while they grow up.

~Punitha

6. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Certainly Puni, some times I feel they should not grow up may be I am selfish..but I am really enjoying time with my kids..That's all we can do when we can spend time we should..
    Tulasi

7. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Sure Madhu! we should meet some time..
    Tulasi

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Puni
    Your child's reply was very cute.Enjoy those lovable years .They grow up very fast.I really wish my children were still young.But what to do?They have to grow up.Winter days are really dull.It seems in most places in Sweden,Denmark they have lights which give the feeling of day light,so that people will not feel depressed.I like sunny places better..........

9. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Winter days - I adore them!

Dear puni,
    It is the winter which awakens the people for the most awaited December conserts and the discourses on Thirupavai in down south india. I always look forward for the winter to start, where my mornings starts with Andal's Thirupavais and the evenings goes to attending discourse and conserts whenever i am in chennai.
    The city gets caught in the whirlwind of classical carnatic music and there is always a tune to hum in every household. They even greet each other with a musical nod in my house.
    Early morning there would be group of people who sing bhajans on the streets around the temple and we (my sister and myself) used to accompany them when we were young. It was real excitement during those 30 days.
    Early morning fogginess , different kolams outside each of the house, colorful kolams, temple stereo blasting the thirupavai, lightings in the temples glittering in the fog and my mom's coffee brewing in kitchen and of course her mouth-watering pongals. Wow! I am happy as the winter is closing upon here in chennai.

And not the least, children are the most adorable who dont seem to be affected with the seaons and the seasoning of life on them. And your child is no wonder one among them. Surprising what they can make us think by popping sudden questions.

10. puni88

Hello Padma,
    Winter in South India is not bad at all....
    I never knew about Thirupavi and its culture.
    Thanks for sharing them.

~Punitha